What's your guilty pleasure?

Eighties synth pop. Duran Duran, Human League, The Buggles, Thomas Dolby, A-Ha... you get the picture.

Cheesy Power Metal. Rhapsody, I'm looking at you.

Not really a country fan, but Gosh Darn it, Brad Paisley can play.

Kylie Minogue - the "Body Language" album. That last Korn album with all the dubstep on it. The last two Britney Spears albums. Rush in their keyboards phase. Eminem.

(cough)American Idol(cough)SoYouThinkYouCanDance(cough).

Dammit. There goes all my hard earned prog cred.

I also like Creed. Numetal. Paramore. Adam Lambert is good when he concentrates on singing and not what he's doing most of the time.. yeah.

Are we getting vulnerable here??... OK... I-I'll admit to liking "Dancing Queen" by ABBA... had to do with a crush I had on a girl in grade 5... I'll leave it at that, (as I face palm in embarrassment and get ousted from the KISS Army and the Black Label Society)... and YES!!- I still like the song!
I love Dancing Queen! I like a lot music most people here might think is cheesy or whatever. That never ever bothers me.

Rammstein. Love it.

I like some of the dubstep stuff too, as well as some of the 70's goth/synth rock. Lots of fun to record layers of guitars over...

Best of Bread, Soundtrack to Grease, Dan Folgerberg Souviners...My Ipod is full of 70's easy listining pop8)

I see a lot of stuff here I wouldn't feel guilty about in the least. David Lindley is still one of my heros. Nobody has better tone that he does on lap steel and he's great on almost anything that has strings (saz anyone?). Prince is one of the great pop/r & b musicians of our time.

I grew up in the 60s/70s so I have an occasional soft spot for lots of the pop of those eras. When disco came around, I ran, so no Abba for me. I've since learned to like some of the funkier elements of disco.

I really liked Lenny Kravitz' first CD (see, I can be vulnerable;-). Also like "Walking on Sunshine." Like a lot of the Monkees. Their 2nd album was the first full length album I owned. A lot of things I'd be embarrassed about (i.e. having and liking 1st 4 Kiss albums), I've since disavowed. Saw Kiss at the end of that period and it was one of the most boring live shows ever. Even Mott the Hoople who opened (without Mick Ralphs and Ian Hunter) was MUCH better.

I see a lot of stuff here I wouldn't feel guilty about in the least. David Lindley is still one of my heros. Nobody has better tone that he does on lap steel and he's great on almost anything that has strings (saz anyone?). Prince is one of the great pop/r & b musicians of our time.

I grew up in the 60s/70s so I have an occasional soft spot for lots of the pop of those eras. When disco came around, I ran, so no Abba for me. I've since learned to like some of the funkier elements of disco.

I really liked Lenny Kravitz' first CD (see, I can be vulnerable;-). Also like "Walking on Sunshine." Like a lot of the Monkees. Their 2nd album was the first full length album I owned. A lot of things I'd be embarrassed about (i.e. having and liking 1st 4 Kiss albums), I've since disavowed. Saw Kiss at the end of that period and it was one of the most boring live shows ever. Even Mott the Hoople who opened (without Mick Ralphs and Ian Hunter) was MUCH better.

Kiss is NOTHING to be embarrassed about. I saw them a couple of years ago on their UK tour. There were five year olds singing Love Gun. It was epic.

60s & 70s TV shows and their theme tunes. Thunderbirds, JOE90, Stingray, Persuaders, Starsky & Hutch, The Saint, UFO, Voyage to the bottom of the sea, Lost in space, too many to list. Oh, and Slade!

Back
Top Bottom