What's Your Favorite Songs From The 60's?

Well if it's goofy songs from 1966 (the title is wrong- I picked this one because of the record. which is what I remember as a kid), here's Snoopy vs. The Red Baron The Royal Guardsmen, complete with modulations, and a bridge you could sing Louie Louie to. :tearsofjoy:

At 5min 06 sec, ELENORE, from The Turtles "Battle of the Bands" album encapsulates everything about American west coast weirdo pop culture of the 1960's. If you have the time, listen to all the short cuts on this album...bizzare and funny, but also incredibly talented and versatile. The Turtles pop hits truly undermined their abilities. GREAT vocals, and Pete Barbata on drums IMO a truly superior yet underrated drummer.

I always loved this song, despite the Coltrane inspired 12 string guitar solo. I always thought it was quite visionary and went under the radar.

was thinking of putting some Frank here, but this one from Nancy is a much better call - what's the guitar effect? Rotary? When I think of her the first one that comes to mind is "These Boots Were Made for Walkin". The movie KillBill had an awesome version of Bang Bang in it.
I use a fairly fast tremolo and plenty of reverb. That link I posted isn't the best audio quality, but in others it sounds to me like a fast trem/vibrato.

Here's one with better audio and you can hear what I mean.

My friends all mock my Nancy admiration. LOL This 1968 album with Lee Hazelwood is filled with gems!. Album still holds a top 5 position on my list. :)

1658620042948.png

Not what many would think of as a 60s hit but it was. It got a lot of airplay and was one of the early jazz funky hits. Great track. Eddie Harris. It kind of flipped my young mind around. James Brown was having a Brand New Bag at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom