What's everyones favorite Metal Amp right now?

Engl Savage 2 is my go-to, but I use the recto models a ton as well. The various 5150s are all nice but I like the Savage better for that hyper modern sounding stuff. The FAS Modern III and Brootalz models are also not to be slept on.

For me it's the 5150-II (PVH 6160+ LEAD) all the way. To me it's tight enough without losing character. And what character! That model through the 5153 2x12 DynaCab with two condensers out of alignment is really the best metal tone to me. I think you really can get any of the high gain models to work well; it's just a matter of what fits the guitar you're playing at that moment.

• EVH Stealth Red
  • The classic 5150 and 5150 II models (crunch and lead channels)
  • Dizzy V4 Blue 4 (since Ken Susis video)

I love Peavey wish my triple xxx was in here but without you know the next best thing. I don’t so I mess with the triple rec or generator etc.

For me it's the 5150-II (PVH 6160+ LEAD) all the way. To me it's tight enough without losing character. And what character! That model through the 5153 2x12 DynaCab with two condensers out of alignment is really the best metal tone to me. I think you really can get any of the high gain models to work well; it's just a matter of what fits the guitar you're playing at that moment.

Wow, thanks for introducing me to the 2x12 stealth. I haven't gotten along with DynaCabs much, but this one is terrific.

fw 26.01
Recto Red or EVH Stealth Blue into OLA's :) The One TL/57 mix impulse. Put a low cut at 120Hz with a 6db slope. For the recto, adjust the output amp EQ as you would the Mark series.
I have it so a footswitch engages/disengages that EQ as I also like them without the mid cut

scene 4 is the main scene for both of the attached. (add your IR :) )

1722910657786.png

Attachments

• 0799_kitchen with trim RECTO OLA.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 0901_AR EVHstealhboo 5153.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Since I can't have the 23.04 FAS Stealth Blue model, I guess I'll have to just stick with my 6160 Block Lead

I use a two amp preset that blends a Recto2 Red Modern with either 5153 Stealth Blue, Red or PVH 6160+ Lead (depending on effects used).

Back
Top Bottom