What will be Fractal's next product?

It surely won't be an all in one floor unit......will it?????

If they're looking to compete with the POD HD500 and produce something for £500-£600 (UK) AND the amp sims are as good as what we have now with V10 then there will be a lot of AXE 2's and MFC's hitting ebay!!!

I bet it's a gaming console to compete with Sony and Nintendo. Okay, maybe not.

I actually like that idea! I doubt this will be it, especially as, last I heard, Cliff doesn't seem fond of the idea of developing plugins that could then be pirated, but studio gear modeled with the same detail as the amps in the Axe II would be really appealing to the same people who are already using the Axe-FX to make home studio in-the-box productions.

I'm not sure why everyone jumps to the plug in conclusion. Not plug ins - a hardware emulator for studio pre-amps and processing.

Amp sims is Fractal's real strength. I don't see FAS releasing something which would only provide limited amp simulations. It's either the state of the art (AxeFX II) or nothing in that domain.. (my opinion)
Unless the new device is able to run the current amp modeling system found in II. Could it then be substantially cheaper than the Axe? Yes if there is no effects at all?

A good quality effects only unit with great routing capabilities could be of great interest to both real amps owners as well as current AxeFX II owners.

Okay, here's the skinny:

It's called the Axe-Fx Lite
It does only amp modeling. No effects. No cabs. No buttons. No LCD.
It doesn't even have a power supply. It gets its power from the energy from your guitar pickups.
The best thing is the price: $19.95. If you act now we'll throw in a second one. You only pay the additional handling costs.

Okay, here's the skinny:

It doesn't even have a power supply. It gets its power from the energy from your guitar pickups.
The best thing is the price: $19.95. If you act now we'll throw in a second one. You only pay the additional handling costs.
But Wait, there's more!!!

Okay, here's the skinny:

Go home FractalAudio, you're drunk ;)

Okay, here's the skinny:

Set it and forget it.

Okay, here's the skinny:

I'll take 2!!

Okay, here's the skinny:

But I need one that gets its power solely from my ego :) I would pay extra!

Okay, here's the skinny:

that sucks. I can't even use it to convert a screen door into a boat???

Okay, here's the skinny:

A volume knob? :D

It gets its power from the energy from your guitar pickups.
The best thing is the price: $19.95.

Perfect! The better you play into the box, the better it sounds? And this lesson for just $19,95? Worth the money! The early adaptors have paid incl. MFC three grands to learn this lesson ... :D

Okay, here's the skinny:

Wrong on most counts. ;)

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in. If I were going to target a guitar market segment w/a killer product, I would probably build an inexpensive, self-contained unit (modeling, power amp, speaker) that would target the entry-level to mid-level player...minimal physical interface/knobs so as not to confuse the type of player that would snap this up in a heartbeat.

The reason I say this is because I was out eating Cracker Barrel eating breakfast this past Sunday morning on my wife's birthday. I was wearing my Fractal Audio tee-shirt. Immediately I was accosted by one of the young wait staff who recognized the brand and commented very enthusiastically about it. I asked if he owned one...the answer no, but one day he hoped to when he could afford one. I expect there are a ton of young folks that play guitar that would eat up a self-contained, entry-level product from Fractal like this. As they matured and gained financial ability, they would upgrade to the flagship products from Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom