What will be Fractal's next product?

I hope it is a floor unit, with limited modelling to say 10 amps, FX, ability to do 4CM and with some loops where real pedals could be inserted.

I think it will be a studio gear, with lots of tube studio gears MIMIC'd. (Neve, Harrison, Fairchild, Teletronix, Pultec, Manley, etc...)
...at least I wish it would be .

Great idea! Something like that would be cool! But i don`t think so. Neither it`s software i believe - software dep. is still under fire for a working editor, right?! I think it`s a technology substrate from what we have:

- 19" FX Processor only (no amp modelling;one processor). This unit could be identical to the Axe-Fx II, but misses the processor for Amp modelling, but still keeps an FX Loop for 4CM, but also can be used as 2x independend stereo effects processor for studio purposes without complicate FX Loopor Send/return routings ...

- Floorboard unit (amp&fx modelling; one processor) with less options (less amps,less cabs, less effects, no FX Loop, 2x6 Matrix or something like that, no SPDIF). So: a stripped down version with the formfactor & price of a HD500with less options but high level sound quality (same as Axe Fx II) and parts (A/D - D/A converter,etc...)

The Question for me is: Cliff speak about "(...)some innovative features". What the heck could these be? And will those features be also implement in the flagship product of the company-the axe-II ?

Problem with maintaining the same sound quality is that depends on the two TigerSharc DSPs and the high end converters in the axe. Which also account for the biggest chunk of the parts cost. Also the problem used to be that the TigerSharc got so hot that a floor unit wasn't possible. Maybe there's been some advancements.

I'm extremely curious what it will be.

My money is on a floor unit or a portable POD like device with less horsepower than the Axe 2 (maybe limited to one amp and cab).

I seem to recall a FB post at one time that stated something was in the works with TC Electronics. Not sure what became of that.

So when will we see a countdown? I'd love to know at least a blurb about it and cost! I have some purchases I made that can still be returned within a week or two...

I think its the "talent pedal". The box you put in front of your axefx that makes you play as good as it sounds. I even heard this model has in select-able player presets that allow you to sound like you are playing just like them

Thats it !!!!!! in limited edition arctic white w/blue leds
THIS I would like to see! ;)

I think it will be a studio gear, with lots of tube studio gears MIMIC'd. (Neve, Harrison, Fairchild, Teletronix, Pultec, Manley, etc...)
...at least I wish it would be .

This, to me is the logical step for product line development. FAS is already heads, shoulders, upper and lower torso above everyone else. Though a smaller floor unit will be a logical step in the SAME product line (ie guitar fx processors) I can see the niche that a studio-gear emulator would provide. I'd certainly get one, up to say $3500. Above that, I would reconsider. Won't be a mass seller, but in the grand scheme, neither is the axe - mass sellers are the line 6's and boss units etc - FAS is pretty much still just a blip on the radar (albeit a VERY significant one).

I think it will be something similar to the Two Notes Cab. Floor based Pre/Cab IR's....

OR

an FX only smorgasbord....

Back
Top Bottom