What version of 9.01 do you have?

Except in this case the OP has said nothing. Others are chiming in making a mountain out of a mole hill IMHO. Come on guys, we are talking about typo on a file name here. One that has already be addressed. Yikes!

my post was aimed at something at a general phenomenon, not the first time i read about it. Also in this thread it is mentioned bye one that he didn't post something because of fear of how the post is recepted. I, personally don't have a problem, but i acknowledge someone else experiences it this way.

Actually, I can admit I found this thread very amusing and laughed of the moderators comment.....

Hey Scott, I agree with your approach. I wouldn't want to censor people's responses. But moderators (or owner) do have the ability to curb certain behavior. In this specific case it would be to post a serious response to the OP without any of this type of humor. I've seen this in many threads where Cliff will wade through the crap posted by an OP and provide a simple direct answer. Sadly in this case, the owner replied with a terse response... which I interpreted as an acknowledgement that the downloaded was mislabeled but came off as dismissive. Then the "humor" ensued.

This could have been avoided by simply stating something like "Sorry, the download was mislabeled. 9.01b is the latest version and the release notes of the current download reflect this. I didn't think this warranted a full announcement since it would flood our servers with requests. We'll update the download link accordingly to avoid confusion." Of course, only Fractal could make a statement such as this and I wouldn't expect it from a moderator. However, it would be nice if moderators would do their best to answer OP's directly and not participate in "humor" in threads like this. To further the playground analogy, it would be like the teacher made fun of my shirt.

PS I'm on this thread b/c I was confused by the two different files. I had to re-download and I wasn't sure if I was getting the right file. I was thinking the worst actually before reading the release notes b/c I thought Fractal had accidentally uploaded the wrong file.

the irony is that there are more people bitching about the bitching than the ones bitching in the first place.....LOL

That assumes that moderators are capable of controlling content and intent of members - which is not possible.

robotbluetee_zpsda31ac80.jpg

:D

All this criticism of our criticism is starting to make us feel bullied and singled out. I demand the mods do something post haste!!!!

Personally, I am holding out for Version 9.01e.006.03 Build 4387 Patch 'G' ...

I, CyberFerret (hereby referred to as "the poster") hereby state my honest and sincere apology to the original poster (hereafter referred to as "OP") and other Fractal Audio (tm) forum member, or member of the general public who may have read my post (hereafter referred to as "Fractalites") for any misinterpretation or misconstruction of my above post, or for any distress, psychological damage, involuntary forehead muscle twitching, constipation, loss of breakfast, or inadvertent coverage of spit on your PC monitor. This apology is in no way to be construed as permission to begin legal proceedings by the OP or Fractalites against the poster, nor is it to be considered grounds for vehement objections, petty bickering, shouting, fist waving or dismissive sighs. The poster bears no responsibility for the subsequent actions (real or imagined) by the OP or Fractalites after reading either (a) the original post (b) my reply, or (c) the replies to my reply. Any objections to either (a) the original post, or (b) this apology shall be submitted IN WRITING using the Klingon language to the nearest Vogon registry office. This apology supersedes all previous apologies and shall be interpreted as an apology from the time of reading onwards. Errors and omissions excepted. Without prejudice. In jest.

PS: Let this apology stand as a recursive apology for the apology.. et cetera et cetera...

Still trying to find the point too all this. I got nuth'n.

Reading today's headlines makes all this rather pointless anyway. :/

Last edited:
I, CyberFerret (hereby referred to as "the poster") hereby state my honest and sincere apology to the original poster (hereafter referred to as "OP") and other Fractal Audio (tm) forum member, or member of the general public who may have read my post (hereafter referred to as "Fractalites") for any misinterpretation or misconstruction of my above post, or for any distress, psychological damage, involuntary forehead muscle twitching, constipation, loss of breakfast, or inadvertent coverage of spit on your PC monitor. This apology is in no way to be construed as permission to begin legal proceedings by the OP or Fractalites against the poster, nor is it to be considered grounds for vehement objections, petty bickering, shouting, fist waving or dismissive sighs. The poster bears no responsibility for the subsequent actions (real or imagined) by the OP or Fractalites after reading either (a) the original post (b) my reply, or (c) the replies to my reply. Any objections to either (a) the original post, or (b) this apology shall be submitted IN WRITING using the Klingon language to the nearest Vogon registry office. This apology supersedes all previous apologies and shall be interpreted as an apology from the time of reading onwards. Errors and omissions excepted. Without prejudice. In jest.

PS: Let this apology stand as a recursive apology for the apology.. et cetera et cetera...

POM_zpsab6cc3dd.gif

I think its rather unprofessional for anyone to be as condescending as they are to the OP. This is a forum which is where one SHOULD post concerns or comments about anything related to the subject of the AxeFx.

Continued belittling, minimalizing of concerns, and general bullying of posters that post on this forum about topics that some may not agree with, ESPECIALLY from moderators and the owner themselves causes hesitation of users to post their feelings/opinions/findings which only serves to weaken the community.

I agree, some of the regulars here are well up themselves, it's actually not very enjoyable posting on here tbh, you can't openly speak without some knob giving a smartarse reply. Check the diezel forum for a well run very friendly manufacturers community where Peter is a regular and humurous poster

Back
Top Bottom