What version of 9.01 do you have?

I had workers lose control of and drop a replacement granite countertop 8 feet by 4 feet in my driveway that shattered into a million pieces so I really needed a laugh more than new firmware today and I got just that so thanks everybody.

I think its rather unprofessional for anyone to be as condescending as they are to the OP. This is a forum which is where one SHOULD post concerns or comments about anything related to the subject of the AxeFx.

Continued belittling, minimalizing of concerns, and general bullying of posters that post on this forum about topics that some may not agree with, ESPECIALLY from moderators and the owner themselves causes hesitation of users to post their feelings/opinions/findings which only serves to weaken the community.

Some of the recent posts are just downright single figure IQ worthy, though.

I'm with Tyler.

I think the recent non-stop AE noise makes it all too easy to pounce on forum posters without real cause.

Simple pro and con discussions have been the strength of this forum since I've been here. That and the willingness of some really talented folks to share information for free.

It would be sad to see that squelched or to have an automatic snarkfest when noob questions are posted.

Richard

I think its rather unprofessional for anyone to be as condescending as they are to the OP. This is a forum which is where one SHOULD post concerns or comments about anything related to the subject of the AxeFx.

Continued belittling, minimalizing of concerns, and general bullying of posters that post on this forum about topics that some may not agree with, ESPECIALLY from moderators and the owner themselves causes hesitation of users to post their feelings/opinions/findings which only serves to weaken the community.

At the same time realize that a sense of humor often doesn't get across the web from one's keyboard to another's monitor screen. What is intended or meant in all good humor often gets mistaken for something far more insidious and I'd caution anyone from taking anything on the web in that manner. In other words, if something gets your blood boiling... you are the one interpreting it that way. True hostility, belittling and bullying is far more obvious and there is none of it on this thread at all.

The problem often happens when someone frames another member (or moderator or owner) in a 'serious' bubble; and even the use of smilies to impart the humor are regarded instead as belittling.

There is none of that. It's in the eye of the beholder? Yes, yes it is.

There's more banter on this forum than any of the self-conscious intent to negatively communicate. Caution on assuming otherwise is recommended. It assumes intent and speaking from decades of experience on the web, that's most often the cause of any issue between posters - not any real heat. It is one assuming what the other meant by a post, rather than interpreting it as it actually was intended.

Yes, there are more extreme degrees of belittling and rude humor at the expense of a thread poster of this over the years, but none of the comments below are constructive or give any sort of respect to the OP question and just because they are not extreme examples of said disrespect, doesn't make them any better:

"Oh the humanity... "

"When I think I could have been caught playing with an incorrect transformer match value in the Wrecker 1 model, I get shivers up my spine."

"Totally outrageous. Unconscionable."

"Personally, I am holding out for Version 9.01e.006.03 Build 4387 Patch 'G' ... "

"Oh! I missed both 9.01a and 9.01b... Guess I must have been playing guitar... "

Just simply saying its misunderstood humor is untrue. They do not address the question from the OP. They fuel a fire that was snowballing into a group of posters simply posting to make each other laugh at the expense of the OP.

I am impartial to this thread and since the comments are not directed at me, I'm not blinded by emotion. These statements are happening more and more on this forum and I finally spoke up about it.

At the same time realize that a sense of humor often doesn't get across the web from one's keyboard to another's monitor screen. What is intended or meant in all good humor often gets mistaken for something far more insidious and I'd caution anyone from taking anything on the web in that manner. In other words, if something gets your blood boiling... you are the one interpreting it that way. True hostility, belittling and bullying is far more obvious and there is none of it on this thread at all.

The problem often happens when someone frames another member (or moderator or owner) in a 'serious' bubble; and even the use of smilies to impart the humor are regarded instead as belittling.

There is none of that. It's in the eye of the beholder? Yes, yes it is.

There's more banter on this forum than any of the self-conscious intent to negatively communicate. Caution on assuming otherwise is recommended. It assumes intent and speaking from decades of experience on the web, that's most often the cause of any issue between posters - not any real heat. It is one assuming what the other meant by a post, rather than interpreting it as it actually was intended.

Yes, there are more extreme degrees of belittling and rude humor at the expense of a thread poster of this over the years, but none of the comments below are constructive or give any sort of respect to the OP question and just because they are not extreme examples of said disrespect, doesn't make them any better:

"Oh the humanity... "

"When I think I could have been caught playing with an incorrect transformer match value in the Wrecker 1 model, I get shivers up my spine."

"Personally, I am holding out for Version 9.01e.006.03 Build 4387 Patch 'G' ... "

"Oh! I missed both 9.01a and 9.01b... Guess I must have been playing guitar... "

Just simply saying its misunderstood humor is untrue. They do not address the question from the OP. They fuel a fire that was snowballing into a group of posters simply posting to make each other laugh at the expense of the OP.

I am impartial to this thread and since the comments are not directed at me, I'm not blinded by emotion. These statements are happening more and more on this forum and I finally spoke up about it.

Again you are assuming intent. Those quotes, read as humor, are pretty funny.

It's the Internet. To regard it as anything other than that - as in taking the place of actual human interaction in person - is wrought with issues.

Having met and hung out with some of the people making the above posts, I can assure you there are some wickedly sarcastic wits about; you cannot read everything as serious. It isn't. That's not untrue, as you put it, it's based on having met with and breaking bread with some of the people you are chastising.

You cannot - ever - assume intent. If you read everything that way, being literal about your interpretations instead of allowing for humor - means you'll be miserable on the Internet. Using myself as an example, I speak here - seriously - from experience. Years and years of experience being held up as things I am not - both good and bad. Some of the things I read people posting about me or to me on forums is so far from reality (*good* and *bad*) it is nothing but ridiculous to the extreme.

When you read comments like you quoted - read them as humor. You'll see it is harmless banter among fellow musicians - in MOST cases. The guys that really are mean spirited and bad people are consistently that way or tend to vacillate manically between overly 'sweet' to bitterly 'angry' often at the drop of a hat. Knowing some of these guys in reality - not just from words on a screen - I can vouch that not a person was evil in any way.

"Oh the humanity... "

toosensitive_zpsac94fb1f.jpg

I was wondering myself what version I had loaded but we could all simply download the latest and see the release note. That's what I did :)

Back to the topic at hand:

The download link is now partially correct. It references 9.01b and that's good b/c it makes it distinct from what others thought was the latest. The line below it just says 9.01 so it was a good attempt :0). Contrary to what people in thread may think, these minor differences in communication are still important. I can understand Fractal not broadcasting a minor change but labeling 2 versions as if they are the same is misleading to the customers. Alas, that has been mostly clarified.

As others have suggested, putting clear communication on the main website at least is step in the right direction. These crazy threads would be averted... same is true of the status of Axe-Edit TNP... although in that case it would have been preferable to leave AxeEdit 1.317 up with a big bold "Don't use this with AxeFXII FW above 8" and then putting a placeholder for TNP saying that their is a tentative beta in January. Social media is great but there really should be a fixed location (the main website) where those announcements are derived so that we don't have to dig through facebook, twitter, various other newsgroups (what's that about), or threads in this forum to discover the status of our purchased product.

Fractal Audio Systems Support
Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 9.01b
Dec 11, 2012 - Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.01

Its not humor intended to make the OP laugh.

Just because it's meant to be humor doesn't make it suddenly acceptable. I know its meant to be funny. THATS why I'm bringing this up. its humor based on the assumption that the OP's post has no merit. The "jokes" are only funny to those who feel the OP does not make a good point.

"harmless" is relative. Obviously you don't see the same thing I (and a few others) see as posts that will, over time, erode possible questions from less-experienced online users.

My best way of trying to make this clear is that in a school yard, when a kid makes a joke about a kid's t-shirt to 3 others. Thats humor. and to the other three kids, thats just an innocent joke about a stupid shirt which then each of those 3 kids try to up the first one with their own joke. But I bet you that one kid wearing the shirt is going to be self conscious about what he wears the next day, and so will others watching the interaction. This is a form of bullying even though its only about the color of tshirt.

I'll also state, because this is the internet and no one can hear my voice, that I am not upset, angry, yelling, or emotional about this. I'm approaching this with a cool mindset and see something that I believe can only have a negative effect for the future of the forum's content.

Again you are assuming intent. Those quotes, read as humor, are pretty funny.

It's the Internet. To regard it as anything other than that - as in taking the place of actual human interaction in person - is wrought with issues.

Having met and hung out with some of the people making the above posts, I can assure you there are some wickedly sarcastic wits about; you cannot read everything as serious. It isn't. That's not untrue, as you put it, it's based on having met with and breaking bread with some of the people you are chastising.

You cannot - ever - assume intent. If you read everything that way, being literal about your interpretations instead of allowing for humor - means you'll be miserable on the Internet. Using myself as an example, I speak here - seriously - from experience. Years and years of experience being held up as things I am not - both good and bad. Some of the things I read people posting about me or to me on forums is so far from reality (*good* and *bad*) it is nothing but ridiculous to the extreme.

When you read comments like you quoted - read them as humor. You'll see it is harmless banter among fellow musicians - in MOST cases. The guys that really are mean spirited and bad people are consistently that way or tend to vacillate manically between overly 'sweet' to bitterly 'angry' often at the drop of a hat. Knowing some of these guys in reality - not just from words on a screen - I can vouch that not a person was evil in any way.

Last edited:
The zip file has been renamed/fixed on the download page to reflect the appropriate version. It was nothing more than a missing "b" as the OP pointed out. Some sarcastic humor/witty responses were made. Nobody was hurt. No animals were harmed in the process. Take a vacation and lighten your stress load.

Computer-Addiction-Gone-Too-Far-7_zps2b48c98f.jpg

Humor requires a willing audience otherwise you're the only one laughing. Joke all you want but support forums work the best when OP questions are answered as directly as possible. If I were moderating, I'd stop this stuff so that customers are as satisfied and enthusiastic as possible.

I laughed! Just saying...

Humor requires a willing audience otherwise you're the only one laughing. Joke all you want but support forums work the best when OP questions are answered as directly as possible. If I were moderating, I'd stop this stuff so that customers are as satisfied and enthusiastic as possible.

I agree.

I think most people would agree with the point Scott Peterson makes when it comes to the issue of misinterpretation humor as being mean when on internet forums. However, as moderators, and those associated with the company, they have a certain responsibility and a kind of authority that is different from the average user. To a larger extent their influence and behavior on the forum affects the forum culture. If a user is saying he is feeling "bullied" or something like that, then that is the reality of it. You can't change that fact with saying "it is your fault, deal with it".

The way I see it is that the moderators must make a choice between customer service, or being funny or "right" that sometimes is at the expense of the customer.

That assumes that moderators are capable of controlling content and intent of members - which is not possible.

You cannot hold others to standards that you yourself cannot be held to. I cannot stop you from disagreeing any more than you make me agree with you.

I've seen it from both sides and placing the responsibility of 'how' to post as a moderator begs the question. You cannot control people from posting in any manner; and you surely cannot - which should be obvious - control the manner in which any post in interpreted.

I personally believe that moderators are people and if you don't 'get' someone else's humor, even when told it is humor, that doesn't change the nature of the person. There are some sarcastic people with dry wits. You cannot expect them to not post.

Keep in mind, when I use humor (which may or may not be funny) I personally use similes to indicate the intent to be funny. Whether or not you find my attempts at humor funny or not... well, I can't help it. You aren't paying me to make you laugh. And moderating on this forum (and most others) is a 100% volunteer position with no rules on what you can or cannot post.

In other words, you cannot legitimately hold the position that moderators cannot be part of the community they participate in. If you are of that mindset, then you best avoid forums that are moderated. It's not how it works.

I say that as both an active member of many forums (beyond just music and music gear forums in addition) and then also being a moderator and/or owner of multiple other forums.

You are asking for the impossible.

Moderators are people too.

And the ones that are having issue here with what I am saying are - again - taking this all far too seriously... which is the core issue. Find the humor. These are forums, not real life. Moderators are not police with riot masks on waiting to bang you on the head; they are guys just like you.

I am not working for Fractal. I am here as a volunteer moderator. I do not represent Fractal. If you have an issue with Fractal, then you are advised to take it up with them. If you don't like the way Cliff posts, then don't read his posts. If you do, I hope you read them as humor, because having met him and talked with him... he's a wicked sense of dry wit in that New England way.

I agree.

I think most people would agree with the point Scott Peterson makes when it comes to the issue of misinterpretation humor as being mean when on internet forums. However, as moderators, and those associated with the company, they have a certain responsibility and a kind of authority that is different from the average user. To a larger extent their influence and behavior on the forum affects the forum culture. If a user is saying he is feeling "bullied" or something like that, then that is the reality of it. You can't change that fact with saying "it is your fault, deal with it".

The way I see it is that the moderators must make a choice between customer service, or being funny or "right" that sometimes is at the expense of the customer.

Except in this case the OP has said nothing. Others are chiming in making a mountain out of a mole hill IMHO. Come on guys, we are talking about typo on a file name here. One that has already be addressed. Yikes!

Its not humor intended to make the OP laugh.

Just because it's meant to be humor doesn't make it suddenly acceptable. I know its meant to be funny. THATS why I'm bringing this up. its humor based on the assumption that the OP's post has no merit. The "jokes" are only funny to those who feel the OP does not make a good point.

"harmless" is relative. Obviously you don't see the same thing I (and a few others) see as posts that will, over time, erode possible questions from less-experienced online users.

My best way of trying to make this clear is that in a school yard, when a kid makes a joke about a kid's t-shirt to 3 others. Thats humor. and to the other three kids, thats just an innocent joke about a stupid shirt which then each of those 3 kids try to up the first one with their own joke. But I bet you that one kid wearing the shirt is going to be self conscious about what he wears the next day, and so will others watching the interaction. This is a form of bullying even though its only about the color of tshirt.

I'll also state, because this is the internet and no one can hear my voice, that I am not upset, angry, yelling, or emotional about this. I'm approaching this with a cool mindset and see something that I believe can only have a negative effect for the future of the forum's content.

• I never claimed anyone's humor was intended to make the OP laugh. That's an assumption. And it is incorrect.
  • The 'jokes' are what they are. You will get them, or you will not. I'm not running interference, I am trying to raise awareness of what is actually happening.
  • This isn't a school yard. It's an Internet forum. Real life this is not. You cannot apply real life behavior to forum behavior. Which has been the point I am trying to make.
  • I never assumed you or anyone else was angry in any way. I have no issue disagreeing with people any more than I have with people disagreeing with me. Peacefully, I might add. For the record, I am not angry in any way either. I laugh constantly; when I am angry, I push away the keyboard. I don't post angry. Ever.

Makes you long for the days, yesterday in fact, when all we had to endure was bitching about Edit.

Reactions: svl
Back
Top Bottom