What happened to Chris Katsukuri's Video's??

joelfish

Does anyone know why the excellent tutorial video's from Chris Katsukuri are no longer available on YouTube?

Good question, I sent him an email on his site and no reply. They were great tutorials and extremely helpful. Hopefully Chris can shed some light for his fans!

It appears Chris set up a store to sell his videos ( https://katsukurimedia.selz.com/ ). I went there after seeing it posted on FB, and there were indeed various Fractal info videos for sale (along with some freebies). I just went there now and the store is empty.

I haven't seen Chris on the forum in about a week, maybe he and Cliff got together and have something bigger planned for the videos. I can't see any negative issues between FAS & Chris, unless there was a problem with him selling the videos versus having them up for free.

We will stay tuned, I for one have no problem paying for tutorials of that quality. In fact Chris' videos played a big part in easing my "learning curve anxiety" pre-axe purchase.

Hopefully he's okay. It's sort of strange that he stopped posting and his website is down and all the vids are missing.

Didn't he leave once previously?

Anyway, he seemed a little off put about the Carter video class and all the praise it received. In reality, he had covered many of the issues for free prior to Carter's class. Maybe he felt under appreciated.

Oh dear. I LOVED Chris's videos and they were absolutely invaluable for me (and I posted to this effect on several occasions)......in fact I still use them (or used them) as a point of reference when I forgot how to do stuff!

I hope he re-posts them. Great guy.

Chris's presence on this forum and his instructional videos have been an important resource for me.
It is my hope that all is well with Chris, his family & his music.

Didn't he leave once previously?

Anyway, he seemed a little off put about the Carter video class and all the praise it received. In reality, he had covered many of the issues for free prior to Carter's class. Maybe he felt under appreciated.

I seriously doubt that given that we are friends and e-mail each other well-wishes periodically, but thanks.

Wow, Chris has been a pillar to this great forum for as long as I've been here. He probably did feel unappreciated as I remember reading a few posts from people that didn't seem to care for the amount of time that he put into helping others. There are very entitled people around the forums and it would make me upset too at times. I hope he's just on vacation or something. I certainly hope he's okay. For what it's worth, all of his posts were a huge help to myself as well as others and I truly appreciate the time any of our more helpful members put into the community. Chris being one of them for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and wan thim to be here. He's an asset to the forum. I've seen him go way out to help people.

Chris can be rather blunt. That sometimes got him into "fights". Up to a point that he said he was done with this forum and wouldn't come back. He came back anyway, but maybe this time he's done completely.
To be honest, I've seen him be rather rude lately and get into arguments with newbs he's trying to help just because they don't know him and take him for a troll. Seemd to me like he wasn't happy. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I hope he's alright.

Back
Top Bottom