What Dyna-Cab Models Would You Like to See Added?

For bass, I’m imagining it will be like an ampeg 8x10 fridge and/or an ampeg 4x10, also with an ampeg b15 115 cab as well.

A couple ones that could be fun to add would be a Mesa 6x10 or 410/115 cab (yes this exists, 1x15 and 4x10 in the same cab housing) to round out the Mesa 400 models.

For the orange amp maybe the opposite of the ampeg sizing for the 10 inch cab. So if it was an ampeg 810 do an orange 410, or if ampeg 410 than orange 810. Or maybe even a 2x10 cab?

That would give a lineup of 4 bass cabs across 4 different speaker size/count combos with 3 different brands to cover a wide range of ground as well as the bass amps already in the unit.

EV 12L in an old Mesa half back 4x12. The Mark series cabs.
EV 12L in a Mesa Theil cabinet
G12 65’s in an 80’s Marshall 4-12
Pre Rola G12 M 20 watt greenbacks and JBL D120’s in a late 60’s Marshall 4x12 (Ultimate EVH IR)
Skumback M75’s. Old Weber blue frame version in a Marshall 4x12
64 Alnico Blues in an old AC30
Alnico Blue/Silver in a 70’s AC30 (Ultimate Edge IR)

Reactions: djk
I can't speak the dyncab versions but my top picks of the current Fractal IR list are:
(fm9)
factory2 340 - 4x12 5153 121A
factory2 330 - 4x12 5153 57a
legacy 37 - basketweave g12m25
factory 1 773 bludo h65 57 a
factory 1 778 bludo h65 121 a

from the vendor side, it's usually york, ml and ownhammer's offerings (anything that gets close to these would be killer)
oh 412 edvh m20+m25
ya mrsh 412 mv30
ya mrsh 412 blk
ya mrsh 412 m25
oh 412 mrbw
ml mega os
oh 412 orng
oh 412 rect
oh 412 edhv
ml mars silver
anything from heavy hitters

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching this thread and now I'm wondering, WHY all these demands before ANYONE knows what the final release from Fractal would be?

NOBODY knows what is in the wings waiting to be released. Why not wait quietly, evaluate, try what's released for a little while, then suggest something be added? It's almost like dogs fighting over a carcass, yet, there's no carcass, there's not even a fully fleshed-out release. Can we take a break and see what the plans and final product will be first?

I've been watching this thread and now I'm wondering, WHY all these demands before ANYONE knows what the final release from Fractal would be?

NOBODY knows what is in the wings waiting to be released. Why not wait quietly, evaluate, try what's released for a little while, then suggest something be added? It's almost like dogs fighting over a carcass, yet, there's no carcass, there's not even a fully fleshed-out release. Can we take a break and see what the plans and final product will be first?
Maybe I'm missing something, but I took this as "what would you LIKE to see"?

The OP asked. I answered what I'd like to see. Pretty much the same for the other folks, methinks. Does it have any bearing on what will be? Who knows? It's better than discussing the news....

12376823_1004196902955842_8095195588685089854_n.jpg

Wem Super Starfinder 200 with Fane Crescendo metal-dust cap speakers, captured with a Shure KSM32 condenser microphone 😎

dsc04581.jpg

Cliff said that IR vendors can hire their robot to create DYNA-CABs (they have two units). Therefore, this thread can be a useful reference for them to survey our expectations.

Cliff said that IR vendors can hire their robot to create DYNA-CABs (they have two units). Therefore, this thread can be a useful reference for them to survey our expectations.
That’s a good point.

At the same time, the wishes could also be directed directly to them in the Vendors forum or their own threads, right? :)

I didn't see any mesa black shadow cabs on the list or in these posts yet - the 1x12 open back would be nice! Not sure if there will be rear mics with dyna-cabs but that would be great for as many of the open backs as possible.
4x12 USA MC90 and possibly the 2X12 TEXAS STAR. The Lone Star 2X12 cab came stock with Black Shadows, V30s were optional.

4x12 USA MC90 and possibly the 2X12 TEXAS STAR. The Lone Star 2X12 cab came stock with Black Shadows, V30s were optional.
I believe it's been mentioned before that Cliff still has his 4x12 with Black shadows and I'm assuming that's the 4x12 USA MC90... I certainly hope so, I have the slant with top of the back open and it is still my favorite over my recto cabs. I have yet to even try the beta, I'm so behind and tired right now.

Back
Top Bottom