What are you listening to right now?

TOTO - Isolation

There aren't enough superlatives to describe how great Toto is/was. I loved everything on their latest stuff too (Falling In Between & Toto XIV).Then I guess there was a lawsuit so all "new" Toto is released now as solo projects under both Steve Lukather and Joseph Williams.

Anyone that loves Toto should check out Joseph William's Denizen Tenant. It was probably my favorite release in 2021. And Luke has a new album coming out in June. Calling them solo projects doesn't do them justice since almost the entire lineup of musicians are Toto alumni.

The entire Falling In Between Live album is on YT now too. I missed that Tour which is a tragedy since Bobby Kimball rejoined the fold for that one. But at least there is great video with great sound. It is one of the few concert DVDs I own.

Last edited:
There aren't enough superlatives to describe how great Toto is/was. I loved everything on their latest stuff too (Falling In Between & Toto XIV).Then I guess there was a lawsuit so all "new" Toto is released now as solo projects under both Steve Lukather and Joseph Williams.
my favorites are '84 Isolation and '91 Kingdom of Desire, and anything Luke put out from 1989 through the Carlton Osaka period...
course Luke is a monster with Ringo too...
:cool: :cool:

Luke Jr. rocks!!

This is Trevor Lukather's (Steve's son's) band. Apple doesn't fall far and all that ... he's playing the pink guitar. I dig his "out the box solo" on this track.

If this sounds like classic Journey it is intentional. Steve Perry guests on backup vox.

Jason Isbell - Cast Iron Skillet
The Police - Regatta de blanc
Huey Lewis - The Power Of Love
The Fearless Flyers Live At Madison Square Garden

Watching this could be considered a master class in Jazz Bebop Guitar. John Scofield's phrasing is just awe inspiring. I have heard Robben Ford credit JS as one of his biggest influences for jazz phrasing - and when you hear Robben play jazz that makes total sense. I watched it this morning and now I'll be practicing Bebop lines all day!

Back
Top Bottom