What are you listening to right now?

So I had a brand new '94 convertible Mustang 5.0 GT. Since it was the 90s I had a 10 CD changer mounted in the trunk and I carried a good number of extra CDs in a binder in the trunk. I was living in San Diego at the time. I had the car about 6 months when I woke up one morning and someone had stolen it right out of my driveway. Turns out 2 of my neighbors also had their cars stolen the same night. Eventually my insurance company paid me out and then I had a brand new '95 convertible Mustang GT. Unfortunately 2 of the CDs in the trunk were out of print so I could never replace them. I tried for years to no avail. Sadder still they never showed up on streaming services. Worst of all they were one of my favorite Jazz/Fusion bands.

The band was The Fents. It was a project started by Adam Holzman and Ted Hall. Holzman is well know for Miles Davis and recently Steven Wilson but almost no one knows of the The Fents. Ted Hall was a great guitarist whose style always reminded me of Daryl Stuermer (Jean Luc Ponty). I still habitually search the streamers in the hopes they resurface. And finally I just found this over the weekend. :D

It is HD and it is both Full albums with a couple of bonus trax thrown in. What are the odds I ripped it to CD? Since it is the interweb content is not forever. So if you like it then you might want to grab while its grabbable.

So is he a better guitar player or a better singer?

The album below is kinda rare (the link is the full album on a YT playlist). This happened right after Ritchie got fired from Poison when Rikki Rocket (Poison's drummer) discovered Richie had been doing the nasty with his fiancée. That's so so Rock & Roll!

It was Richie's first major label deal after Poison. So thank goodness he was fired! Poison vs. this stuff? No contest whatsoever.

Great song to chill to. The Cars and 'Moving In Stereo'.

There's a mixing masterclass built into that track. The production on that whole album set new standards and still holds up against stuff mixed and mastered on modern tech today. I had to look it up just now to see who it was, but of course it was Roy Thomas Baker that did the production. He's a legend with some golden ears. Most of the artists he has either produced or signed are all major household names now across many genres.

That was great! Such a cool vibe...
Happy Memorial Day to everyone that has served and Thank You for your Service.
I love my Flag and they are flying today all across the front of our house.

I stumbled across this in my love of the blues and have been listening to it several times a day what a song in honor of Robert Johnson. And all of these musicians are just outstanding hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do!

In honor of blues legend Robert Johnson's birthday, we are proud to share our latest Song Around The World, "Walking Blues," featuring Keb' Mo' along with musicians from six countries. Originally written and recorded by Son House in 1930, Robert recorded his own version in 1936. We started our version in Patagonia, Argentina with Roberto Luti and Nico Bereciartua playing slide guitars in front of a 100-year-old fig tree and with that raw performance, we added friends as we traveled to create a blues jam around the world. Blues is always from the people for the people and this video creates a moment in time to come together and put all the darkness and division we face as a human race into the music so it can set us free. Turn it up and enjoy!

Last edited:
Happy Memorial Day to everyone that has served and Thank You for your Service.
I love my Flag and they are flying today all across the front of our house.

I stumbled across this in my love of the blues and have been listening to it several times a day what a song in honor of Robert Johnson. And all of these musicians are just outstanding hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do!

In honor of blues legend Robert Johnson's birthday, we are proud to share our latest Song Around The World, "Walking Blues," featuring Keb' Mo' along with musicians from six countries. Originally written and recorded by Son House in 1930, Robert recorded his own version in 1936. We started our version in Patagonia, Argentina with Roberto Luti and Nico Bereciartua playing slide guitars in front of a 100-year-old fig tree and with that raw performance, we added friends as we traveled to create a blues jam around the world. Blues is always from the people for the people and this video creates a moment in time to come together and put all the darkness and division we face as a human race into the music so it can set us free. Turn it up and enjoy!
I love Playing for Change. This one is amazing too - JPJ is even playin' da bass with some help from Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi too.

Great Post @Rex Rox Love it all Really has a awesome vibe. Derek is an awesome slide player Susan awesome Vocalist. JPJ on bass just Wow.
Had to listen to it twice incredible.
This is going in my play list. I've been working on some business i have to tidy up before my shoulder surgery, these songs are just what i needed.

Thanks @Rex Rox

Great Post

Back
Top Bottom