What are you listening to right now?

Got to see these guys back in the day great show

Not to yuck anybody's yum, but I dug their first couple of albums more, they lost me a bit by this one. First one is totally amazing, nothing like it before or since. Permanent feature in my brain.

Back when bands and songs and albums were seriously different from other ones.

Hi Dave yea I know what you’re talking about I still have their albums and my favorite is the greatest hits album. If I were to pick an album I’d pull out the greatest hits it’s my favorite.
Hope you’re having a great weekend..

Yea I’m with you I am wanting to mess around with vocal mic sound I think the mic sound he uses on some of the songs is pretty cool for a lack of better words it’s kinda like singing into a can sound….

A Tribute to Les Paul right now on Axs Tv.......Luke, Slash, Perry, Satch, Ford and more......the gang was all there.....so cool.

Watching Frampton at the Albert Hall on PBS from November of last year…..the man can still play….awesomeness.
My very first exposure to solo guitar as a kid was when my father put on his live album (vinyl) and pointed out to me how Peter was able to make his guitar “talk.” I was blown away and that was quite possibly one of the defining moments that persuaded me to pick up the guitar years later.

My very first exposure to solo guitar as a kid was when my father put on his live album (vinyl) and pointed out to me how Peter was able to make his guitar “talk.” I was blown away and that was quite possibly one of the defining moments that persuaded me to pick up the guitar years later.
Yeah, I was like 10 when he hit it big, and I can remember hearing those tunes blasting away in the neighborhood that spring. biggrin.gif

Here's a cool number by Steely Dan, really like the rhythms. I've never been a hardcore SD fan, but they have some bright spots and this is one.

Actually just learned they wrote this to mock John Lennon's "Imagine" which only elevates it in my estimation.

I may not be as young as I once was, but this one reminds me of my GrandDad's era. This was on the Victrola when GrandDad talked about home life during WWII. GrandDad was above the age where one could enlist.

My Dad kept GrandDad's old 33 LPs, and Glenn Miller / Tommy Dorsey / Benny Goodman were all part of GrandDad's favorites...

Enjoy this moldy-oldy....

Mozart's Piano Concerto in C Minor. Alfred Brendel. Was studying earlier this evening and some classical was on tap for the evening.

Back
Top Bottom