What are you listening to right now?

I was listening to 'Georgy Porgy' by Toto and started singing Jojo by Boz Scaggs. It really struck me how similar they are (yes, I know members of Toto started out as Boz's session players). Anyway I got to wondering if anyone had made a video about it and came across this:

Last edited:
All kind music nearly every day

Like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Toto and Lukather and lots of other bands players artist and also some excelent band who make covers.
One of those excelent bands is from Australia

What ever music, style etc... that sounds great :D

I’ve been binging Andy Timmons lately. One of those guys I hadn’t listened to much. I kind of stopped listening to the instrumental shredder guys for awhile. Been digging this take on Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. He did the whole album. Strawberry fields is really good too.

Someone was asking for help with Concrete Blonde guitar tones and sent me down this rabbit hole. Here's the excellent 'Heal It Up' off of 'Mexican Moon' from 1993:

Sirius XM Channel 49 Soul Town - I spent my formative years in Detroit. I bought my first real amp from Eddie Willis. I need a dose of Motown every few days.

Sunday evening, I spent a good 3 or 4 hours with my Music iTunes library. I reviewed from top to bottom and back again which songs had no airplay since 2020. All songs before 2020 were added to my "Play Next" song list so all of my library will receive relatively current airplay (at least since 2020).

Currently listening to Tom Petty (not a fan as much though it's often heard on classic rock radio).

Up next is some old Todd Rundgren, "We Gotta Get You A Woman"...

Working my way up the list from T to B. (It'll take quite a while, maybe a day or so of consistent iTunes...)

Alan Parsons

What a great run they had and IMO very underrated. They had such a knack for maintaining that musical tension in their songs. "Games" is a great example, but here's another in "Prime Time" (btw, I love the rhythm guitar tone in this one-it's easiest to hear in the last 30 secs).

What a great run they had and IMO very underrated. They had such a knack for maintaining that musical tension in their songs. "Games" is a great example, but here's another in "Prime Time" (btw, I love the rhythm guitar tone in this one-it's easiest to hear in the last 30 secs).

Love all of Alan Parsons great band great driving tunes. I also really dig that tone the rhythm guitar has really sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom