What Amp Models would you like to see added?

I was curious on what the process was for new amp models so I thought I’d start a thread to see what everyone thought and what others would want to see.

Personally I’d love to see an Omega ampworks model of the Obsidian or Granophyre, A Randall Satan, And possibly something like a Marshall Major 200w.

What about you guys?!?
JCM 900 Marshall I loved my old 900 and preferred it to the 800 that has been modeled sooo many times.

Does swapping out the tubes in the power section of the 5153 100w model not achieve this? (Honest question)

Not at all. The el34 100 watt EVH is the absolute best of the line bar none. It is not the same as the 6l6 model at all. Just an absolutely incredible amp. I would love to see this modeled as well. It really is the best and I’ve own( and still own) them all.

I’d love to see a wizard of some kind for sure.

Not at all. The el34 100 watt EVH is the absolute best of the line bar none. It is not the same as the 6l6 model at all. Just an absolutely incredible amp. I would love to see this modeled as well. It really is the best and I’ve own( and still own) them all.

I’d love to see a wizard of some kind for sure.

To be clear you are looking for the newer stealth version (not yet modeled), then, which came in both 6L6 and EL34. The only difference between stealth versions is the tubes. So, model one or the other and you have both in a Fractal unit.

has been discussed here before but it can take more than just changing the tube type parameter to change an amp over from matching one real life amp version to another that supposedly only differs by the power tubes that were put in it. Dial up the 5153 Blue model and change just the power tube parameter from stock 6L6 to EL84 - unless you have golden ears (and even then) - no audible difference whatsoever to my ears (or to my eyes in an analyzer). - I suspect there's more than just a power tube difference in real world amp versions that attribute their audible sound difference to a power tube type only.

To be clear you are looking for the newer stealth version (not yet modeled), then, which came in both 6L6 and EL34. The only difference between stealth versions is the tubes. So, model one or the other and you have both in a Fractal unit.

They are 100 percent not the same, despite what you may think. The el34 version is much, much different to me, and much better.

They are 100 percent not the same, despite what you may think. The el34 version is much, much different to me, and much better.

Re-read my post. You are comparing different versions of amps...i.e the stealth EL34 to the 5153 6L6. I am talking about only the stealth series and that is but one amp circuit, two different tube sets.

I think we could use a Pittbull. It really has its own very distinct sound and not easily mimicked by anything else in the FAS collection.
Fryette/VHT Pittbull is a hugely popular and legendary amp and I’ve always been surprised it hasn’t been modeled. Some of the best metal amps ever. The Ultralead would be killer. But even the 100/CL or 50/CL would be so great to have.
VHT/Fryette Sig X (all channels, modes, etc). Maybe that'll end up being quite a few different models due to all of the switches. Pittbull Ultra Lead would also be cool.
They would be extremely cool. I picked up a Sig X lately just to get better access to some of the VHT/Fryette sound which wasn't easily available in the Axe FX. Unfortuantely Steve Fyette is very protective of his schematics (and rarely provides them to techs, instead offering to help debug over the phone with them when he has time) so Cliff would need to spend the extra time reverse engineering everything. IT's happened in the past for other amps (like the Archon) but unfortunately makes it a tougher ask.

Does swapping out the tubes in the power section of the 5153 100w model not achieve this? (Honest question)
I don't yet know about the Stealth 5150 III 6L6 vs EL43 model, but the original 5150 III 6L6 and EL34 models were more than just a tube swap: they had differences in the circuits, voicings, and gain levels. Ultimately the Blue channel on the EL34 model became love or hate because it was a much looser, tamer, and lower gain channel than on the 6L6 version.

As for the new EL34 Stealth, I haven't dug in yet to see if they made other voicing changes beyond the tubes.

Re-read my post. You are comparing different versions of amps...i.e the stealth EL34 to the 5153 6L6. I am talking about only the stealth series and that is but one amp circuit, two different tube sets.

I still don’t get what you’re trying to say here. The el34 and 6l6 models are both “stealth series” 5153’s. Even still, they are very very different to me, and it’s not just because of a different power section. I don’t know what it is, but the el34 100 has completely smoked everything in the 5153 line to me.

Back
Top Bottom