What’s cooking in Fractal’s kitchen?

I’m hoping an FM0 (as powerful as the fm9, with no screen) along with a smaller footprint foot switch (with 6 switches) . Like the xonic airstep with scribble leds.
That detachable foot switch with a more compact brain would be an ideal travel rig.
The FM0 as a Arduino Uno sized unit with the ability to add custom components/chassis and I/O devices.

Oh and it runs Gentoo Linux and Doom.

I want the Axe Fx Studio with 8 (16 in my even deeper dreams) channel ADAT, AES50, mic preamps with individual phantom power, and for poops and giggles FireWire. Throw in a korg nutube that does nothing but light up underneath the logo too.

Imagine connecting an 8 channel digital audio Axe Fx to a X32 for live sound too. That's the dream.

The FM0 as a Arduino Uno sized unit with the ability to add custom components/chassis and I/O devices.

Oh and it runs Gentoo Linux and Doom.

I want the Axe Fx Studio with 8 (16 in my even deeper dreams) channel ADAT, AES50, mic preamps with individual phantom power, and for poops and giggles FireWire. Throw in a korg nutube that does nothing but light up underneath the logo too.

Imagine connecting an 8 channel digital audio Axe Fx to a X32 for live sound too. That's the dream.
ADAT would be really nice

ADAT would be really nice
I pray for ADAT on the next model. Lack of ADAT is the sole reason I use an interface.

I run everything through my III and I mean everything. Organ, microphone+preamp, guitar, bass, drums, vocals, etc.

The downside is that I have so much stuff I want to run through it that I'm stuck either buying 2 or more III's, but then I'd still be stuck recording the DI's over only one unit (S/PDIF for DI). I'm also stuck using a patchbay and rack line level mixer for I/O too.

ADAT would save me in those regards or at least a second S/PDIF/AES.

Btw, to all, try out your Axe Fx as a master bus for drums, the compressors on the III even beat real deal hardware 1176s and LA-2As.

At least that's what I think the JFET and Optical are based on.

And do not forget to add a password protection feature, to prevent bandits from stealing your precious presets during a gig
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-3-security.172055/
My precious GIF

You know what I hope is cooking? Nothing, nada, big fat zero. Maybe other than shooting a few more Dyna Cabs or updating some presets. I hope they're leaving early and taking their families out, going to ball games, and playing golf while the weather is still nice. I hope they're catching up on the streaming series they didn't get time to watch before. I hope they're doing house maintenance they were putting off because they were busy.

All work and no play makes Fractal a dull boy. You need to recharge sometimes and they've done some pretty significant work over the last few years.

I hope they're leaving early and taking their families out, going to ball games, and playing golf while the weather is still nice. I hope they're catching up on the streaming series they didn't get time to watch before. I hope they're doing house maintenance they were putting off because they were busy.
They might be doing exactly what you're hoping.....you never know, it could be because they just got done with the heavy lifting
for the IV, and now they're just waiting on the first shipment of them. Here's to hoping...... cheers.gif

biggrin.gif

I noticed that there have been no comments or posts from Fractal employees here in the forum over the past few weeks. Does this have a meaning?

Back
Top Bottom