Axe 3 security

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenX

Is there any way to stop someone from walking up to my Axe 3, inserting a USB cable that goes to their laptop, and copying all my files? I'd like there to be a way to make sure my patches are shared because I agree to share them-- and not because someone has access to my equipment and simply takes them. Is there some way to password protect the Fractal Bot interface? Password protecting the Axe 3 unit itself?

Imagine your rig is at a gig and you go to lunch, someone copies your files. Imagine you have a house mate and they copy your files. Imagine a million other scenarios. Do you lock your guitar in a case every time you take your eyes off of it? Perhaps try a constructive appraoch and an answer, instead of trying to poke holes into the question.

Is there any way to stop someone from walking up to my Axe 3, inserting a USB cable that goes to their laptop, and copying all my files? I'd like there to be a way to make sure my patches are shared because I agree to share them-- and not because someone has access to my equipment and simply takes them. Is there some way to password protect the Fractal Bot interface? Password protecting the Axe 3 unit itself?
Would something like this work?

https://www.kensington.com/en-ca/p/...locks/usb-port-lock-with-square-cable-guard2/

Imagine your rig is at a gig and you go to lunch, someone copies your files. Imagine you have a house mate and they copy your files. Imagine a million other scenarios. Do you lock your guitar in a case every time you take your eyes off of it? Perhaps try a constructive appraoch and an answer, instead of trying to poke holes into the question.
i answered the question.

Hey! That's interesting, thanks, its appreciated. I'll have to check the form factor re: the Axe 3. I was also thinking of on the software side, a handshake or password, as Axe users have put a lot of time and energy into creating IP that they should protect any way possible. Thank you again!

Chris, yes, you answered the question. Smashing the Axe 3 is also a viable answer. And just as constructive. Be constructive, or sit it out. JayCM800XL: its already happened to me! someone snarfled my presets without my permission.

Not trying to be an ass here, what’s stopping someone from manually taking all of the parameters and creating the presets from scratch?

It would be pretty straight forward if you had a video of the unit being scrolled through.

Not trying to be an ass here, what’s stopping someone from manually taking all of the parameters and creating the presets from scratch?

It would be pretty straight forward if you had a video of the unit being scrolled through.
I'm just trying to block someone getting the whole kit and kaboodle, verbatim, via software, whcih can be done with precision quickly. You know, your phone is passcode protected. That kind of basic security.

Maybe you should just migrate back to an analog rig if your presets are so valuable that people are conspiring to steal them from you?
You can cover up the knobs on your analog amp with duct tape so that people can't see what your settings are.
Axe users spend thousands of hours creating presets, its' their IP, it worthwhile to think about how to protect the investment of time and energy, so they choose if it is distributed. My presets took a while to create and are worth protecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom