Whammy

Axe fx sounds like, I don't know, glass or metallic sound, like you put a cab into the bath full of razors. Shit sound of pitch effect it is indeed.

The end.

Sound shit and completly out of control. Simply SHIT!

dear god now it's fucking smashing!!!! im so exited! sounds better then I expected!!!

Ah ha! Quite a turn around then?!?!?
laughing.gif

Glad it's working out and fair play to the guys who helped out... 'community' at it's best
thumbsup.gif

Great thread with excellent tips. Bakerman has always got some incredible modifier control ideas that are one step beyond.

How about the reverse effect: have the sound fully dropped 2 octaves, and when you hit the switch it slowly ramps up to actual pitch and bypasses the pitch block. What would be the keys to getting this behavior in a single momentary switch?

Thanks again for the great info.

j

Great thread with excellent tips. Bakerman has always got some incredible modifier control ideas that are one step beyond.

How about the reverse effect: have the sound fully dropped 2 octaves, and when you hit the switch it slowly ramps up to actual pitch and bypasses the pitch block. What would be the keys to getting this behavior in a single momentary switch?

Thanks again for the great info.

j

The pitch control could be like the dive version (IA triggering run of trapezoid LFO) except the modifier should start at 100% and drop. If you'd always play some low stuff for a few seconds each time (or just once), a bypass modifier could work to bypass once pitch reaches 0. A damping setting of 1000ms can actually give about 4-5 seconds between toggling the switch & bypass. The time seems to be how long it takes to get only halfway to the current value, plus there's deceleration at the end.

The pitch control could be like the dive version (IA triggering run of trapezoid LFO) except the modifier should start at 100% and drop. If you'd always play some low stuff for a few seconds each time (or just once), a bypass modifier could work to bypass once pitch reaches 0. A damping setting of 1000ms can actually give about 4-5 seconds between toggling the switch & bypass. The time seems to be how long it takes to get only halfway to the current value, plus there's deceleration at the end.

Great! Thanks again for the help. ~ Jim

dear god now it's fucking smashing!!!! im so exited! sounds better then I expected!!! I didn't try it with Multi-band comp though but I will.

thanx guys for your help and patience !!

Can you share the preset (or effect block setting) and footcontroller settings as a service to others? Thanks.

Here's what I have now, a few changes since the last clip. External 2 triggers dive. By using a Down/Up whammy mode and lowering control modifier offset to 0 the dive can happen within the first 50% or less of the LFO range, which means you can get a given dive rate from a lower LFO rate and (the only reason for doing all that) more time at full drop amount before it returns to normal & dives again. Note: LFO1 type is actually trapezoid. Axe-Edit will claim sine due to LFO run modifier affecting the type displayed, but it will load to Axe-FX correctly as trapezoid.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28651/axefx/Slow_Dive.syx

Hmm, can't it to work. There's no "dive", just a immediate drop of pitch.

- The II has no Offset and Scale parameters in the modifier menus.
- I'm using an onboard IA switch on the MFC, set to Pitch1, so I don't have attach an external to Bypass to switch the block.
- I've configured that switch to additionally send CC21 (I'm using external 6 to control and trigger).

Hmm, can't it to work. There's no "dive", just a immediate drop of pitch.

- The II has no Offset and Scale parameters in the modifier menus.
- I'm using an onboard IA switch on the MFC, set to Pitch1, so I don't have attach an external to Bypass to switch the block.
- I've configured that switch to additionally send CC21 (I'm using external 6 to control and trigger).

try start 50%, mid 0%, end 0%, slope 72%, damp 4ms
See if that doesn't get you close on the II as far as the modifier is concerned.

Axe-FX function = Pitch 1, or none w/ the Pitch 1 CC# set as one of the general use CCs? AFAIK, to avoid having to change it to general use you'd need to set External 6 (on the Axe) to the same CC# as Pitch 1 bypass.

Start/mid/end at 50/0/0 is as close as the II can get to that modifier curve, no way to hit 0 before LFO reaches 50% it seems.

Axe-FX function = Pitch 1, or none w/ the Pitch 1 CC# set as one of the general use CCs? AFAIK, to avoid having to change it to general use you'd need to set External 6 (on the Axe) to the same CC# as Pitch 1 bypass.

Okay, fixed. But the dive start only after 4 or so after activating the preset.

Edit: preset attached (AxeFx II).

Last edited:
You mean after activating the pitch block, and the dive sounds right but it doesn't start instantly? All I can think of is: check all LFO 1 parameters, make sure the pitch ctrl. source is LFO 1B, not 1A. If the II has a different start point for trapezoid then different B phase and/or duty settings (1% instead of 99% plus modifier start/mid/end changed to 0/0/50) might be needed.

You mean after activating the pitch block, and the dive sounds right but it doesn't start instantly? All I can think of is: check all LFO 1 parameters, make sure the pitch ctrl. source is LFO 1B, not 1A. If the II has a different start point for trapezoid then different B phase and/or duty settings (1% instead of 99% plus modifier start/mid/end changed to 0/0/50) might be needed.

Yes, it does't start instantly. I'll check those settings out later tonight. Thanks.

Hey, so I know that this thread issue was resolved, but I noticed that the user had the Axe Ultra. Will I be able to do these slow pitch shifts with the Axe Standard? It's pretty important for me to be able to go both up and down at a controlled rate during certain songs I play.

Hey, so I know that this thread issue was resolved, but I noticed that the user had the Axe Ultra. Will I be able to do these slow pitch shifts with the Axe Standard? It's pretty important for me to be able to go both up and down at a controlled rate during certain songs I play.

Yes, there are more options with the Ultra (advanced whammy mode, 2 pitch blocks possibly useful for certain things) but the examples in this thread could be done with a standard.

YStSnapper said:

All the examples I posted were done with my Standard.

Back
Top Bottom