Welcome STANLEY JORDAN to the Fractal Audio artist roster!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
We're honored that Stanley Jordan, a master of jazz guitar and pioneer of the amazing "touch technique" is the latest in a gallery of greats using Fractal Audio Systems products.

Known for his virtuosic musicianship and innovative approach to the guitar, Stanley simply redefines boundaries. His decision to incorporate the FM9 into his setup speaks volumes about its quality and versatility. He tells us that it sounds fantastic and also inspires new creative avenues for exploration.

It's an honor to see such a groundbreaking artist use our technology to further enhance his already extraordinary musical expression.

As an aside, he also coded his own custom editor and built a custom hardware control surface that does some amazing things! True genius!!

1705000159973.png

just wow!
What a deep dive in my adolescence, when we first were trying to figure out how many guitarist were involved in his recordings!

I have to say that joining the Fractal community has been a goldmine. Never mind about how awesome the products are, but it's discovering artists like this that have (unfortunately) flown under my radar that has been priceless. I never realized how much pure talent I was missing out on.

I got to see this guy play in a guitar center in Phoenix AZ about 20 years ago. He walked in with a beat up old guitar case and sat down in the amp section and started playing. In about 10 minutes the whole store stopped and was gathered around him and he played for us for about 20 minutes. It was the most phenomenal playing I have ever seen. I had never heard of him because he was a jazz guy and I'm a metal guy but he got a store full of new fans that day. His wife was with him and I begged her to give him my number for a guitar lesson. Wish I would have got that call. Dude is right up there with all the greats in my book. Jimi, Eddie, Stanley, Tosin, Vai, Satch. Glad he is part of the amazing fractal world. Congrats FAS and Stanley.

As an aside, he also coded his own custom editor and built a custom hardware control surface that does some amazing things! True genius!!

Aside from all the other amazing stuff here - I'd be interested to know what the custom editor does that FM9-Edit doesn't, or vice-versa and what the custom hardware control surface is used for. A peek inside the mind of a genius is always fun....

I wore out the guitarplayer mag soundpage of Stanley.
Did get to see him once in 80's. Still enjoying his music very much.

Interested in how he uses FM9 to get good touch guitar tones.

Welcome Stanley! Met you after your show in Finney Chapel at Oberlin in the ‘80’s. Brilliant, gentle soul, and true pioneer! Cheers sir, Daniel

Back
Top Bottom