Welcome: FC Controllers!

Hi spent last night planning layouts, I’ve decided I want 12 footswitches, but layout wise two FC6s (narrower board)

If you have two FC6s linked can they function as one board? Meaning if I have one switch to change layout, both units change?

Thanks

I was waiting so long for the FC-12 and now...
Its to huge!
512mm width?
That wont fit in my cases anymore.
I was hoping its not wider than the MFC.
Im happy and crying at the same time.

Hopefully, Cliff will be able to put this as an option to choose white on black for normal and black on white for the HOLD function.:D

Yes I agree
That’s one thing Line6 helix did well was the board. Lighting up white to show the preset or snap you are on

You may not be able to read text
But you can see easily that preset 3 is lit when the other are dark around it

Boy do I want the FC12, cuz I LOVE options at my feet! However, The FC6 will probably be my purchase and here's why. I fly, and every inch and pound matters. At 20.2 inches then adding an EV-2 at 3.2 inches plus an angled cable and I got 24 inches. I guess technically that would work, but it's also heavier than the MFC putting me at 13lbs. Secondly, I would LOVE to have a second EV-2 on my fly rig. I can continue to use just one pedal, but in order to change from whammy to volume, etc, I have to change scenes or at least hit a switch. A second pedal would mean seamless, anytime I want access to those sounds. The FC6 at 11.2in plus 2 EV-2s at 6.4in puts me around 19 inches, combined with my desire for a Flatboard and selling my Pedaltrain, the Flatboard needs a half inch all the way around for the aluminum casing. That puts me at 20 inches and only 10.5lbs not including the case, and that WORKS. Another option is I could get the FC12 at 11lbs and a Mission SP-1 at 3.2lbs buts thats pushing 15lbs and would be a hair over 24in wide, and thats a lot to fly with. ugh.....

I really wouldn't know if I can get access all my sound needs live with the FC6 unless I bought the it and see if a created custom setup works for me. So there is my plight. Any opinions?

Hi spent last night planning layouts, I’ve decided I want 12 footswitches, but layout wise two FC6s (narrower board)

If you have two FC6s linked can they function as one board? Meaning if I have one switch to change layout, both units change?

Thanks

Yes from what I have read, you can daisy chain them - but you will need to provide power to the second board as only one gets power from the faslink

Reactions: JTI
I figure with the FC6 I’d “need” to use 4 external switches with it. I’d want at least 5 dedicated scene switches, preset up and down, tuner, and then a switch to access tuner mode etc I figure. 6 switches only would be a little limiting I think, at least if you like having lots of scenes per preset.

When you factor in the cost of adding 4 external switches, the gap between the $499 and $699 is even more reduced, plus you get 2 more built in switches, and the added bonus of scribble strips etc too

With the 12 I could do a row of 6 scene controls, preset up and down, tuner, and looper controls all readily available with no press and hold or whatever, plus the ability to still add a few extra switches if needed.

I like to use keyboard style sustain pedals for a couple of momentary type effects, and it’s easier to hit the big sustain pedal on the fly, so I could have that option, while with the 6 I’d probably need to have the external switches doing preset up down or soemthing.

Guess I’m talking myself into the 12 lol

I think w the Fc 6 I would have

Preset screen 4 presets 1 bank up
1 down and a hold for tuner

Scene mode 5 scene tuner

Effects 5 fx and a tuner

That’s pretty good for one preset

I think w the Fc 6 I would have

Preset screen 4 presets 1 bank up
1 down and a hold for tuner

Scene mode 5 scene tuner

Effects 5 fx and a tuner

That’s pretty good for one preset

Ya so, thats the kind of info I'll need to know in order to figure out my needs. But until there is a manual or a video I won't know how to get what I hopefully want.

Why bother with the 9v jack? it can only be used with FAS link(2) which provides power anyway AND with no MIDI ports it makes no sense at all!
The FC's have a USB jack to allow for a future update enabling them to (possibly, if implemented) be used as USB midi interfaces. So the power inlet is a great (necessary) idea. I'm sure response for this feature will be tremendous.

Its to huge!
512mm width?
The dimensions have been available for months... I already experienced those tears and got over it ;)

So many questions:
  • Will there be an editor?
  • If “yes” will it be AxeEdit or a separate editor and will it be available when the FC Launches?
  • How is the pedal configuration stored within the Axe III?
  • Can each preset have a different pedal configuration?
Seeing the pics of the FC12, I can see how I would want to configure it.

For presets the top 5 buttons are perfect as is. The two buttons to the right to increment preset “page” (5 at a time). The bottom 5 buttons to select presets on the current page.

For scenes a sub page with the left most 8 buttons for navigating scenes within the current preset. The remaining buttons for presets, effects, utilities and control.

Last edited:
Its to huge!
512mm width?
Are you listening Mono Cases? ;-)

Hi all !

Probably an obvious question ...but here goes ......

Say I use one of the FSW's on the Top Row to open Preset 7 (w) Scene 2 ..... can the FC then be set up so that ....... 4 of the FSW's on the Bottom row each in turn open

- Preset 7 (w) Scene 2 Channel A
- Preset 7 (w) Scene 2 Channel B
- Preset 7 (w) Scene 2 Channel C
- Preset 7 (w) Scene 2 Channel D

Hoping this makes sense (?)

Ben
Channel A of what? Blocks have channels, not presets...

You could have 4 buttons that select channels on a particular block (regardless of preset or scene), but you're not going to be able to select specifically the same preset and scene with 4 different channels because a scene will have a specific channel set for each block.

Unless it allows for multiple sequential commands to be assigned to a single button.

So many questions:
  • Will there be an editor?
  • If “yes” will it be AxeEdit or a separate editor and will it be available when the FC Launches?
  • How is the pedal configuration stored within the Axe III?
  • Can each preset have a different pedal configuration?
Seeing the pics with an FC12, I can see how I would want to configure it.

For presets the top 5 buttons are perfect as is. The two buttons to the right to increment preset “page” (5 at a time). The bottom 5 buttons to select presets on the current page.

For scenes a sub page with the left most 8 buttons for navigating scenes within the current preset. The remaining buttons for presets, effects, utilities and control.
The editor is Axe-Edit... The settings are already IN the Axe Fx. Take a look...

I think the answer on per preset layouts (last I heard) was "yes", but it's been a while now.

Channel A of what? Blocks have channels, not presets...

You could have 4 buttons that select channels on a particular block (regardless of preset or scene), but you're not going to be able to select specifically the same preset and scene with 4 different channels because a scene will have a specific channel set for each block.

Unless it allows for multiple sequential commands to be assigned to a single button.

Thanks. I [yet again] forgot that Channels are block-specific :(

Thanks again,
Ben

From the FC web page "...You can even override the functions of individual footswitches on a per-preset basis".

Interesting... I don't think it's quite the same as per preset layouts, but probably good enough for what I would want.

Hmm, I was under the impression that it was programmable on a per-preset basis, similar to the AX8? you change a preset and the whole footswitch layout can change with it. The assignments are made in Axeedit. Maybe just the T day beer binge kicking in?

Thanks. I [yet again] forgot that Channels are block-specific :(

Thanks again,
Ben
Hmm, I was under the impression that it was programmable on a per-preset basis, similar to the AX8? you change a preset and the whole footswitch layout can change with it. The assignments are made in Axeedit. Maybe just the T day beer binge kicking in?
The original posting about the FCs from months ago said there were 12 Layouts.

I think things have changed. It would be great if it can be per preset... I won't complain :)

Back
Top Bottom