Weird feedback type noise

So I haven't noticed this until now but wanted to ask if it was normal or something else.
When I play certain notes on the fretboard, the fractal starts to create this hum or feedback type thing. It feels like compression and hurts ears. There are some spots like 7th and 11th fret on the G string. So D and F# on those frets cause this compression thing to activate. I've tried this with multiple guitars and I get the same result. Also tested multiple cabs and the problem is still there.
Another weird thing I notice is that when I play 11th, 13th and 14th fret on the G-string there seems to be like a another pitch or tone in the background. This actually happens everywhere on the fretboard but it is most noticable on these spots.

First I play the 7th fret and you can hear the noise getting there. Then I play 5th fret (0:07) and there is much less hum and noise. After that I play the 11th, 13th and 14th fret on G and you can maybe hear the pitches in the background. Especially at 0:21. The pitches are happening in 160hz-260hz range.

One last thing that is odd is that the output channels don't seem to match between left and right.
1695371071542.png
When I play the 7th fret on the G and leave it ringing I get this. The left channel climbs up to 10db when right is already going down.

Again I'm not a professional and these are just my dumb findings but I wanted to know if someone else is experiencing something like this.

Pretty much every amp type does this. When there is more gain, there is more noise. I use vibrato verb ab on that preset but i have tried different amps and some seem to work fine but those amps are mostly pretty clean amps. Here is the preset.

Attachments

• noise.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
So I discovered that the cab block's room settings were set in a quite unique way. Fixed the settings and weird feedback and balance noise is gone. The weird pitches in the background were also fixed by turning amps "fat" setting off and on. I really have no clue about the pitches but the room settings are understandable.

So it was ok for couple of days but now I have a new issue. It seems that some frets like high E 13th have this balance issue where it creates almost infinite hum/feedback when the note is held. Just playing with clean sound and I have to avoid playing the 13th on E or 18th fret on B string or the sound breaks my ears.

Here's soundcloud link:

At first I play the 13th fret and there is something odd going on. At the end I play with clean sound and there is something odd. It could be that I'm really dumb and this is normal but it does not feel normal. The feedback breaks my ears.

This is the preset. Can someone test this, mainly scenes 2, 3 and 7. I have tried everything from cabs to disabling stuff but the problem is still present. Tried to run archetype petrucci with fm3 and I got some feedback same as with preset in the fm3. When running guitar to soundcard and the to the plugin there was no hum or feedback with the notes. Also tried multiple guitars and same problem.

Attachments

• Noise2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
I don't think you are using standard accepted terminology to describe what it is that you think you are hearing.

I don't hear any ear breaking feedback in your clip. I don't hear any objectionable hum. Maybe a few ghost notes or subharmonics or overtones, but nothing objectionable -- and I think you are open to this suggestion.

I say the following with much respect for intense focus, but you're also zoning out on examples of unnatural playing. Try playing a song or a solo and see if you still notice anything in the recording.

Oh, and in addition, try a bare-bones Reset Amp + Reset Cab preset. And while you're listening critically like this, please try totally disabling the noise gate. Do this by editing the INPUT 1 block and turning the Threshold control fully counterclockwise.

I don't think you are using standard accepted terminology to describe what it is that you think you are hearing.

I don't hear any ear breaking feedback in your clip. I don't hear any objectionable hum. Maybe a few ghost notes or subharmonics or overtones, but nothing objectionable -- and I think you are open to this suggestion.

I say the following with much respect for intense focus, but you're also zoning out on examples of unnatural playing. Try playing a song or a solo and see if you still notice anything in the recording.

Oh, and in addition, try a bare-bones Reset Amp + Reset Cab preset. And while you're listening critically like this, please try totally disabling the noise gate. Do this by editing the INPUT 1 block and turning the Threshold control fully counterclockwise.
My terminology was quite off sorry for that :D Tried resetting amp and cab but it did really help. Maybe the there are some overtones like you said. It still feels like the "problem" is more noticeable on the right channel.

So it was ok for couple of days but now I have a new issue. It seems that some frets like high E 13th have this balance issue where it creates almost infinite hum/feedback when the note is held. Just playing with clean sound and I have to avoid playing the 13th on E or 18th fret on B string or the sound breaks my ears.

Here's soundcloud link:

At first I play the 13th fret and there is something odd going on. At the end I play with clean sound and there is something odd. It could be that I'm really dumb and this is normal but it does not feel normal. The feedback breaks my ears.

This is the preset. Can someone test this, mainly scenes 2, 3 and 7. I have tried everything from cabs to disabling stuff but the problem is still present. Tried to run archetype petrucci with fm3 and I got some feedback same as with preset in the fm3. When running guitar to soundcard and the to the plugin there was no hum or feedback with the notes. Also tried multiple guitars and same problem.

This sounds like fret buzz. Try either slightly raising the action or slightly loosening the truss rod.

Back
Top Bottom