Waitlist Email

I doubt anyone can answer this with any level of accuracy , but is there any indication as to when the FM9 will be readily available to non-waitlist folks in the US? “Soon”?

The newest batch just arrived (last week?), so I’d think they were loaded with the most current non-beta release. Just a guess, but I can’t see a point in loading older firmware than you have when the units come in.
pretty sure its how the burn in the chips... I work on PC's for several manufacturers and its pretty rare that new machines have the latest update on it. Bios/firmware... whatever you wanna call it. Basically the chips are programmed and later assembled and put in units... they let the customer do it because hey.. free labor. Just saying.

yeah, I don’t know much about history. Ask me about Seinfeld trivia and I’m your guy though.

The waitlist will, indeed, be finished Soon…

believe.png

Thanks for the effort, for keeping us posted, and for making sure the guys are loading up the latest firmware. You’re appreciated @Admin M@ , and let the boys in the back know we appreciate them too.

pretty sure its how the burn in the chips... I work on PC's for several manufacturers and its pretty rare that new machines have the latest update on it. Bios/firmware... whatever you wanna call it. Basically the chips are programmed and later assembled and put in units... they let the customer do it because hey.. free labor. Just saying.
No, it's not.

The firmware has to be loaded. That is done by Fractal before shipping and has always been the latest production Firmware for product at ship time.

Back
Top Bottom