Waitlist Email

Man, I stayed up all night to get in line for a purchase invite today and everything!! Dang it! Come on 5:49!
Ha Ha! There are a bunch of us clustered between 5:45 and 5:50 pm it seems. I am 5:48 pm and I was hoping to get my invite today or tomorrow, but if they have an issue with the IEC plug jack, I would rather they get that resolved before shipping anymore units (assuming that is the hold up). Kudos to Cliff for jumping on the problem right away. Hopefully shipments will resume soon. We will have to be patient for a little while longer. 😎

Ha Ha! There are a bunch of us clustered between 5:45 and 5:50 pm it seems. I am 5:48 pm and I was hoping to get my invite today or tomorrow, but if they have an issue with the IEC plug jack, I would rather they get that resolved before shipping anymore units (assuming that is the hold up). Kudos to Cliff for jumping on the problem right away. Hopefully shipments will resume soon. We will have to be patient for a little while longer. 😎
Me, too. Best to have the problem sorted before the units ship out. I still have my FM3, so I’ll wait patiently…

FAS already said they're verifying the units are good. Nobody reported any invitations today, and I expect that the company is working hard to find any units that have problems and fix them before they go out. And, before some chucklehead starts blathering, NO this does not mean they're defective or factory second units.

Fractal might be tied up a couple days handling this, but it's part of their commitment to quality. They're going to make sure everything going out is as perfect as possible.

Last edited:
Mine shipped out this morning, I hope they checked the power plug.

Cliff said:
I looked into this today. Apparently the IEC connector was not installed properly in some units resulting in weakening of the tabs. All units are being checked to ensure that the connector is securely in place. The unit that was returned should have had the connector replaced, not glued in. The technician is new and didn't understand the proper repair procedure. He has been given instructions on the proper repair procedure.

It is not a widespread issue and we did not find any units in the several dozen we inspected this morning exhibiting the issue.

When are you guys all getting your FM9's? Seriously, I'm waiting to see a load of used FM3's for sale so I can buy one at a good deal, but there are hardly any about!

Mine is on track, I'm not worried about the loose connector power or whatever, If I ever have any issues, Fractal always give me the fast reply and answer.

When are you guys all getting your FM9's? Seriously, I'm waiting to see a load of used FM3's for sale so I can buy one at a good deal, but there are hardly any about!
There are 20 for sale right now on Reverb. Several on CL and TGP, etc.

Maybe you mean there aren’t any ”good deals”? But they are certainly for sale…

There are 20 for sale right now on Reverb. Several on CL and TGP, etc.

Maybe you mean there aren’t any ”good deals”? But they are certainly for sale…
Actually i didn't know there were as many as that, but you're probably right, current pricing on used units is still quite high

Relax guys, everyone is going to get their unit, eventually. And the FM3s will be for sale as they are now, although there will be some FM9s available from people who genuinely do not care for the form factor, and some price-gougers too.

In the end we will all be happy and no more power connectors will be falling out!

Relax guys, everyone is going to get their unit, eventually. And the FM3s will be for sale as they are now, although there will be some FM9s available from people who genuinely do not care for the form factor, and some price-gougers too.

In the end we will all be happy and no more power connectors will be falling out!
I've definitely seen the scalping decrease on the FM9. When I checked last night there were some on reverb for around 2k. While still a price hike, it's not the $3000 we saw at the beginning

Back
Top Bottom