Loose IEC port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theandydoo

It’s seems as though the IEC port on my FM9 is already coming loose. Any ideas before I contact Fractal for a repair under warranty?

Make sure it's plugged in firmly. If you stop pushing at the first sign of resistance, you're still halfway out. Been there.

I had that happen on mine as well. I had to send it in for repair. It's supposed to be received today and I would imagine I'll have it back by this time next week.

Just happened to me :( and I’m a pretty careful guy who takes care of his stuff. Lame-o. I just pushed it back it this time.

They might need a hardware revision.

I guess I didn’t explain well. The whole female ICE port(with power switch attached) on the actual FM9 is no longer connected to the unit. It just hangs out.

I had that happen on mine as well. I had to send it in for repair. It's supposed to be received today and I would imagine I'll have it back by this time next week.

Just happened to me :( and I’m a pretty careful guy who takes care of his stuff. Lame-o. I just pushed it back it this time.

They might need a hardware revision.
WTH

Same for me. Sent mine in and they apparently glued it in according to their emails. Should be home on Friday. A week total between shipping out and getting it back

Same for me. Sent mine in and they apparently glued it in according to their emails. Should be home on Friday. A week total between shipping out and getting it back

Interesting. As I was reading the above posts, I was wondering if these just snapped in or were glued in. It seems they typically are. So a minor "fix" indeed, and probably easily done as a DIY fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom