Waitlist Email

That seems out of the ordinary. The latest reported time not including yours is 4:39 pm EDT. That puts you what, 34 minutes ahead of everyone else? Seems odd.

The time in question is when did you email the waitlist and when did fractal respond in Pacific time the day of the announcement.

I know we don’t see the full picture of the waitlist work (only what people post in this thread), but it seems like the current approach is that Fractal spends between 1-2pm daily sending out invitations. Would make sense if they choose to spend some defined fraction of their day on working through the FM9 waitlist. They’re a small company and must have many other daily activities to tend to.

Me too. Will report back to the forum if/when I do. I am about 45 minutes from Fractal HQ in Plaistow. I wonder if they'll just let me come get it as opposed to shipping?
IIRC, it is possible to pick up your order at FAS directly instead of shipping.

The time stamp on the email may well be UTC, and the mail client is localizing it, which could account for the hour discrepancy if there was a change of time zones between the time he was waitlisted, and then referencing that same email on the day of the invite.

I know we don’t see the full picture of the waitlist work (only what people post in this thread), but it seems like the current approach is that Fractal spends between 1-2pm daily sending out invitations. Would make sense if they choose to spend some defined fraction of their day on working through the FM9 waitlist. They’re a small company and must have many other daily activities to tend to.
Yes, they process them sometime after lunch there, but what part of the day isn’t important. It’s the delta time in days between being added to the list and getting the invitation that I care about. Granularity in minutes and seconds has too much jitter.

The time stamp on the email may well be UTC, and the mail client is localizing it, which could account for the hour discrepancy if there was a change of time zones between the time he was waitlisted, and then referencing that same email on the day of the invite.
Exactly. If you move the computer from Pacific to Mountain it will adjust the timestamp automatically. This is likely the case.

The time in question is when did you email the waitlist and when did fractal respond in Pacific time the day of the announcement.
Just to clarify, the list server response isn’t necessary, it’s when the person sent the request to be on the list, and when the invitation was received.

The listserver’s response might not be received because of anti-spam traps in the mail relays. There’s a pinned note at the top of the forum about it. In addition, the response might be delayed if an intermediate system has an outage.

Exactly. If you move the computer from Pacific to Mountain it will adjust the timestamp automatically. This is likely th
Just to clarify, the list server response isn’t necessary, it’s when the person sent the request to be on the list, and when the invitation was received.

The listserver’s response might not be received because of anti-spam traps in the mail relays. There’s a pinned note at the top of the forum about it.
Correct. I was just pointing it out so he would provide the time the request was sent.

The listserver’s response might not be received because of anti-spam traps in the mail relays. There’s a pinned note at the top of the forum about it.
Correct. I was just asking for completeness. Of course the time the request is received and added to the waitlist is the important time here.

Back
Top Bottom