Waitlist Email

I'm about 34 hours out still. At the rate the waitlist is progressing right now, it'll be... punches numbers in calculator... 3 years.

I'm sure future shipments they get will be larger than the first and fewer will go to artists. This'll speed up next month.
I hear you, my friend.

My request went out the 28th 5:59 PM EDT; confirmation was the 28th 6:00 PM EDT. The twiddling factor abounds here very much so.

So I'm sitting in my living room waiting for the UPS truck. You've been there. You know what it's like.
I hear the sound of a truck.

We better stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?

It's the garbage truck. I know they sound different, but I'll lie to myself in hope.
Then I hear what I know is a UPS truck. I look out at my circular driveway through the blinds and see it moving in all its glory. The brown UPS van in motion. Quickly slip on a pair of shoes to meet the driver with a smile on my face. I go through the front door and there's no truck. WTF?

There's something happening here
But what it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with my gear over there
Where he went ain't exactly clear

I have two front doors, so I inspect both locations... nothing. No box, no door tag, nothing. I'm starting to wonder how many times I took acid in the 70s. Is this a flashback? Did I just imagine seeing a UPS truck? Has my excitement gotten the better of me? Am I loosing my mind?

Check the tracking online. No change... still out for delivery. Hmm. I guess I'll just wait, right? I'm literally trapped here until at least 7PM. I'm not going anywhere!

(Rantings of a Fractal Gear Addict)

P.S. - I'm leaving my shoes on this time until delivery.

2.5 hours later... Things ain't lookin too good.

Last edited:
I'm in the same group. It's probably tomorrow, but we never know, they might sneak in another batch of invites today. Or run out today and it'll be October when we get an invitation.
Man…if the latter happens, I’m telling you…the largest 1st world problem has struck for me. I’ve been waiting for a true update to the ax8 for years man.

Man…if the latter happens, I’m telling you…the largest 1st world problem has struck for me. I’ve been waiting for a true update to the ax8 for years man.
The AX8 until now is a lot of improvements in the feel and authenticity in the modeling.

I had an AX8, got mad at it when I was hearing ghost notes, and sold it to a friend who uses it all through the week and gets a killer live sound with it, causing me to kick myself. I went back to my tube amps and my pedal board, then caromed off a couple of other modelers, tossed them aside, noticed that ghost notes are actually also in my tube amps, the virus hit and I got the FM3, then the FX3 to hunker down. That circuitous route convinced me that Fractal was the one who was closest to real tubes, and that was running the Ares firmware. When Cygnus hit I was done looking and sold my small pedal board and ToneKing Sky King. Other chunks of my old gear will be going over the next two years I'm sure until I have only my modelers and a single combo and a few pedals.

So, the wait will be worth it. I think the FM9 will be the perfect replacement for the AX8.

I'm thinking that iCloud.com is dumping them into the trash again. I should have received a notification if we're actually past 1:40pm.
I was in the same boat. Never did find the invite…spam or otherwise. I inquired about the situation and as it happens, it out it was sent Monday. FM9 will be here Friday. Interestingly enough...Today, I finally received the invite email that was sent on Monday. There's some funky email junk going on this time. Not blaming FAS, just some weird crap.

I was in the same boat. Never did find the invite…spam or otherwise. I inquired about the situation and as it happens, it out it was sent Monday. FM9 will be here Friday. Interestingly enough...Today, I finally received the invite email that was sent on Monday. There's some funky email junk going on this time. Not blaming FAS, just some weird crap.
It's not Fractal's fault the messages aren't getting out. @Admin M@ has a couple posts talking about the problem, which is due to anti-spam traps in the mail transfer systems trashing the email messages. It can also be because of misconfiguration in people's mail reader application, filtering in their app dumping the messages in the junk mail, etc. And, it's life on the internet that they'll get something fixed, and another app downstream will kick in and cause the same program, or some techie will not understand why a setting is configured a certain way and "fix" it, or they'll update something, breaking everything again.

So I'm sitting in my living room waiting for the UPS truck. You've been there. You know what it's like.
I hear the sound of a truck.

We better stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?

It's the garbage truck. I know they sound different, but I'll lie to myself in hope.
Then I hear what I know is a UPS truck. I look out at my circular driveway through the blinds and see it moving in all its glory. The brown UPS van in motion. Quickly slip on a pair of shoes to meet the driver with a smile on my face. I go through the front door and there's no truck. WTF?

There's something happening here
But what it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with my gear over there
Where he went ain't exactly clear

I have two front doors, so I inspect both locations... nothing. No box, no door tag, nothing. I'm starting to wonder how many times I took acid in the 70s. Is this a flashback? Did I just imagine seeing a UPS truck? Has my excitement gotten the better of me? Am I loosing my mind?

Check the tracking online. No change... still out for delivery. Hmm. I guess I'll just wait, right? I'm literally trapped here until at least 7PM. I'm not going anywhere!

(Rantings of a Fractal Gear Addict)

P.S. - I'm leaving my shoes on this time until delivery.
I know exactly what you're talking about been there many of times. Stay strong my brother

It's not Fractal's fault the messages aren't getting out. @Admin M@ has a couple posts talking about the problem, which is due to anti-spam traps in the mail transfer systems trashing the email messages. It can also be because of misconfiguration in people's mail reader application, filtering in their app dumping the messages in the junk mail, etc. And, it's life on the internet that they'll get something fixed, and another app downstream will kick in and cause the same program, or some techie will not understand why a setting is configured a certain way and "fix" it, or they'll update something, breaking everything again.
No doubt. Not blaming FAS at all. Andrew was great and got me what I needed. FM9 will be here Friday.

2:32pm Central. so I'm still 2 hours out of the preorders, so i'm thinking at least another month, possibly 2 :(

Hoping my email is coming in the next week. My confirmation was Aug 27, 2021 at 2:08 PM ET.
Not selling my FM3 until I get my notice. Made the mistake of selling my AX8 too early and won't do that again.
Different reason this time with the chip shortage but would hate to part with my FM3 unless I have my FM9 on hand.

May the batch still have plenty of outstanding orders to ship for all us first day buyers!

You guys are way pessimistic. I bet you’ll be pleasantly surprised
Agree here. Once the first bunch of orders are filled, the order/time curve flattens out from its initial spike. There are many who emailed their request the first hour; the curve must flatten because there are likely fewer people ordering compared to the first hour's large group.

We will see the email invite times move more quickly once the initial large group orders are filled. I can almost promise all of us this. FTR, I don't have any FM9 sales facts to back this up with, but it stands to reason.

Back
Top Bottom