Waitlist Email

You might be underwhelmed...
I kept one for a week ... I already had an axe FX III and tried it waiting on FM9.
I appreciate the heads up. I have an FM3 - do you think I'll be downgrading?

I really, really dig the Neural plugins and if the Quad Cortex adds this software capability, along with it's capture feature it'll be a hard decision for sure.

I really, really dig the Neural plugins and if the Quad Cortex adds this software capability, along with it's capture feature it'll be a hard decision for sure.
In every comparison I've found, they give the QC higher marks than any other modeler for its simplified UI, but they still give Fractal the edge for sound and tweakability. I'll admit the QC is tempting because it's available now and I really want a new toy, but I'm still holding out for the FM9. That being said, since you already have an FM3, you're in a unique position to buy the QC and compare them. Who knows, the QC may float your boat. Worst case scenario - you return it and continue to wait for the FM9.

You can check the used market.. The non turbo ones in a lot of cases are going for $1600-2000. I went ahead and got a gently used one semi locally. (meaning it was an in person transaction) I paid $1700 no tax and just a few bucks gas. Being I've never gotten an extended warranty on my OG Ultra or my AX8 I'm not worried about that part. Its a super solid product and never had one need anything... and if I did I'd have to have paid whatever out of warranty pricing is anyway.

I think I had my ultra for about 5 years and my AX8 will be 5 this February.
Really for what it is worth if you can get a "non turbo" for a reasonable price I'd do it or just get an Axe 3. You either do or don't need the extra power that the 3 has so.. either processing power or buttons are likely driving a purchase decision anyway.

I can't believe many people would be getting a turbo FM9 because they NEED that extra 10% ..... really... Sure it would be maybe nice in a situation with a ridiculous patch. I can say this much... I had like ALL of Fremen's preset packs for the AX8 and bought 5 of them for the FM9 and some of those are literally kitchen sink type patches with SOOOO much in them it is crazy and they work just fine. I haven't even looked at CPU usage to be honest yet. All I know is this thing can do a TON more than I need as is whereas the FM3 may have fallen a bit short. FM3 is kind of a sonic shift upward from an AX8, but functionality wise it is damn similar in regards to patches... in regards to foot switches and connectivity... a huge step back..

So... that was my reasoning for going with what I did... wanted the sonic shift upwards with no down side other than having to re-purchase and re-setup a new unit and get the go to's figured out and locked in.

Alright, I'll give it some more time. 👍
Trust me ... Wait for the FM9 Turbo!

I'm not a blinded fanboy. I've owned or used about every brand and model you can imagine over the years! The last FM9 firmware was over the top, bringing most of the features I love about my Axe FX III MkII Turbo to the FM9 Turbo. Fractal tone and effects are killer!

I'm coming up on a year on the waitlist.......maybe I should hold out for the FM9 "super-charged" (eclipsing the "turbo")?

Or just wait for the FM10 to be announced? ;-)

Waitlist email date 12/14/21 - no email yet. Thinking about the Quad Cortex instead - I can buy one from Sweetwater today.
FWIW, I had the QC besides my FM3 and the AxeFXIII...I only gave it a test drive and even the FM3 is better in terms of sound quality, the QC doesn´t come close IMHO...and the FM9 Turbo I got in the meantime blows it out of the water. Sold the QC with a win (early adopter) and without regret.
I don´t care about a flashy touchscreen, it´s all about the sound.

Newby here with a confirmed waitlist entry date of 11/3/2022. Any updates as to the lead time or am I going to endure having the cash burn a hole in my pocket till 10/23? Coming from the Line6 Bogner world everyone here seems super helpful so I'm excited to make a change after many years of lugging heavy gear to shows.

My confirmed waitlist date was November 21, 2021. Still patiently waiting, not even tempted to look at anything else. I bought Cooper's FM9 masterclass in anticipation of getting my FM9 in the not too distant future.

fred

My confirmed waitlist date was November 21, 2021. Still patiently waiting, not even tempted to look at anything else. I bought Cooper's FM9 masterclass in anticipation of getting my FM9 in the not too distant future.

fred
You're probably not that far off, my confirmed waitlist was October 2021 and almost to the day, I got my invite. For anyone following the news about what's going in the part of the world where many chips are produced, it's crazy. I work in B2B sales for a national telecom company and trying to set the right expectations around some technology for businesses is difficult, let alone what consumers tend to expect :grin:

You've got the right idea waiting it out, I'm VERY GLAD I did, the level of satisfaction is quite high. Hang in there guys and gals!

SENDING OF WAITLIST INVITATIONS HAS RESUMED.
We've started working our way through NOV-26/2021. I will post an update in a few days with a new NOW SERVING when we get to DEC-01/2021.

Excellent news! That may mean the first shipment is also on its way to Australia! After 15 months on the local list, it's been a long wait. Looking forward to an invite shortly, fingers crossed. :)

Reactions: J.J
Excellent news! That may mean the first shipment is also on its way to Australia! After 15 months on the local list, it's been a long wait. Looking forward to an invite shortly, fingers crossed. :)
Yes it’s been a long time coming, hopefully not much longer for us. doesn't seem like we will see them this year.

Back
Top Bottom