Waitlist Email

How long did it take? I add my name to the wishlist 3 months ago
Fm3 was way longer at almost 1 year. Fm9 I hear is like 4-6 months. LIke waiting in between oil changes or HVAC filter. Or go buy one on reverb for a couple hundred$ more when yours comes in sell it and make up the difference.!

Fm3 was way longer at almost 1 year. Fm9 I hear is like 4-6 months. LIke waiting in between oil changes or HVAC filter. Or go buy one on reverb for a couple hundred$ more when yours comes in sell it and make up the difference.!
The wait-list for FM9 is getting shorter but it was over a year from the original announcement of "now shipping" after the initial first batch of units was shipped out.

How long did it take? I add my name to the wishlist 3 months ago

Fm9 I hear is like 4-6 months.

The current wait time is about 50 weeks for those who got on the list at the end of November 2021. Fractal was making good advances daily and had it down to 48 weeks, but I suspect they ran out of inventory and are waiting for more, so that wait time is increasing again.

The FM9 is a great unit and is well worth waiting for. The FM3 and FX3 are also great, so if you can't wait then figure out your needs vs. wants and see if one of the other units will work for you.

I’m now starting to consider a Kemper or Quad Cortex instead of the FM9T. Both are in stock and ready to ship.
I understand the frustration. After owning both an AX8 and a FM3, however, I continue to be impressed by the quality of the software as well as the community support associated with the Fractal products. I hear good things about the Kemper, but as for the Quad Cortex -- I would be cautious. I do not think that the Neural amp/speaker/effect emulations have been nearly as well developed. It also appears that part of the Neural business model is to sell users other amp simulations -- this, after already buying the Quad Cortex (hardware) product. This would seem to be a self-serving approach for Neural, especially considering that more than one Quad Cortex review claims that the stock emulations are limited and not that great-sounding.

I am not trying to slam the Quad Cortex -- I have never played through one -- but on-line reviews which I have read would give me pause. If you do decide to try one, I would suggest doing so through a vendor with a solid return policy.

Very strange and frustrating that we haven’t seen an update from Fractal for the last 18 days? I’m now starting to consider a Kemper or Quad Cortex instead of the FM9T. Both are in stock and ready to ship.
I'm just having a problem keeping my wallet in my pants. I know my number is almost up for a fractal, but it's also near year-end and every ad I see on the internet is a new shiny that I want - and they're all on sale. The problem is - if I buy the new shiny, I might not have the money for the FM9. I also might not use the new shiny after I get the FM9, since most new shiny's I'm looking at are pedals. So if I knew there was another bump in the road and it was unlikely they'd get any more parts until the new year, I'd buy some new pedals right now and get over my new gear acquisition symptoms.
I'm not willing to compromise and buy one of those alternatives to the Fractal though. I did that once and ended up with an Eleven Rack instead of a Fractal (which I think was the Ax-8 at the time?). The Eleven Rack was, and still is "OK", but I'd rather wait for the nearly-perfect and tweakable rather than settle for good enough and easy to use. The Neural might be good, but nearly every review I've ever seen about them that compares them to a Fractal says that the Fractal sounds better, especially when you tweak it.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 14, 2022:

In the time since the most recent FM9 invitations were sent, the unit has temporarily sold out.

We expect to restock around the end of this month. When we do, we'll resume sending invitations in large batches to try to make the holidays happy for as many people as possible.

If you already have a purchase invitation but have not yet ordered, you will NOT need to wait again. In this case, you can sign up for special notice when we resupply by forwarding your invitation to sales@fractalaudio.com

Thanks for choosing Fractal Audio

Last edited:
The special notice sign up mentioned above is for people who have recently received invitations but have not had an opportunity to place an order.

We've received lots of requests from people forwarding their wait list confirmation.

Wait list members that haven't yet received an invitation will be notified normally in chronological order once we re-stock.

Thanks!

Andrew
Fractal Audio Sales

Last edited by a moderator:

In the time since the most recent FM9 invitations were sent, the unit has temporarily sold out.

We expect to restock around the end of this month. When we do, we'll resume sending invitations in large batches to try to make the holidays happy for as many people as possible.

If you already have a purchase invitation but have not yet ordered, you will NOT need to wait again. In this case, you can sign up for special notice when we resupply by forwarding your invitation to sales@fractalaudio.com

Cool, can you or someone add a wishlist and bugs section to the FM9 forum?

Thanks for the update. Sincerely appreciated!

The current wait time is about 50 weeks for those who got on the list at the end of November 2021. Fractal was making good advances daily and had it down to 48 weeks, but I suspect they ran out of inventory and are waiting for more, so that wait time is increasing again.

The FM9 is a great unit and is well worth waiting for. The FM3 and FX3 are also great, so if you can't wait then figure out your needs vs. wants and see if one of the other units will work for you.
Hi @Greg Ferguson thanks for your post as I'm just checking in and I'm in the loop with little effort thanks to your post...Wishing the thread a happy holiday for those that celebrate it.

Happy to get a semi local deal on a like new unit today. Pretty blown away by a few of the new special effect presets and just in general some of the stuff I've clicked on since firing it up. I didn't know that Leon and Fremen got a couple of patches on the unit from the factory either which is cool too. This christmas I'll be busy tweaking for days. :)
314413788_378950567733129_2824244608352112247_n.jpg

I understand the frustration. After owning both an AX8 and a FM3, however, I continue to be impressed by the quality of the software as well as the community support associated with the Fractal products. I hear good things about the Kemper, but as for the Quad Cortex -- I would be cautious. I do not think that the Neural amp/speaker/effect emulations have been nearly as well developed. It also appears that part of the Neural business model is to sell users other amp simulations -- this, after already buying the Quad Cortex (hardware) product. This would seem to be a self-serving approach for Neural, especially considering that more than one Quad Cortex review claims that the stock emulations are limited and not that great-sounding.

I am not trying to slam the Quad Cortex -- I have never played through one -- but on-line reviews which I have read would give me pause. If you do decide to try one, I would suggest doing so through a vendor with a solid return policy.
I own both the QC and the FM9T. I’ve finally got the FM9T dialed in and used it live for only the second time so far and I’m just so blown away by it. I don’t think I can go back to the QC and really there’s nothing wrong with the QC. It has great tone and really is an amazing piece of gear… BUT there is this subtle thing about the way the reverbs and delays fit into the mix with the FM9T. It’s a very nuanced thing that maybe only the player can feel and/or notice… not so much the audience. Or maybe they can IDK. What I do know is that I feel the difference and that translates in my playing which ultimately is received by the audience. I would say to anyone out there who feels like they just can’t wait any longer and they just need to settle for whatever product they can get their hands on right this moment just hang in there. It’s worth the wait, nothing else is really comparable when it comes to the complete package of amp tone quality and effects quality and portability. It’s the ultimate piece of modeling gear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom