Waitlist Email

Given the criteria you mention, the FM3 would also be a good candidate. People underestimate its capability.
Well I already have an AX8 and they are very close in CPU capability and I really don't wanna have issues opening custom created patches or things I could buy from vendors that might take full advantage of the unit. But yea.. I hear you.

Well I already have an AX8 and they are very close in CPU capability and I really don't wanna have issues opening custom created patches or things I could buy from vendors that might take full advantage of the unit. But yea.. I hear you.
I went from an AX8 to the FM3 and while the CPU capabilities are similar on paper, the ability to use 4 channels rather than 2 on most blocks and significant improvements to both amp modeling and effects with efficiencies in CPU, the FM3 is significantly more flexible and better sounding than the AX8 IMO.

The timeline is so long I'm starting to just think getting an Axe 3 is better. Yea its more $$, but I always use the editor and it never leaves the house. Anyone else just break down and do the 3 and happy they did or regretted they did? I mean I do use the foot switches on rare occation, but it is those times where I'm just powering up quick to play and only going through the 4 main patches I typically use.
I didn’t buy the III-Turbo because I couldn’t get an FM9, but being as I could only afford one at the time, I opted for the III. I’ve always owned the flagship rack unit, all the way back to the Ultra, so I really like having that ”if a Fractal can do it, I can do it” capability. I can’t imagine anyone ever regretting the purchase of an Axe Fx III, especially the Turbo.

I did eventually put my name back on the FM9 list, just because I think I could make good use of its portability and smaller stage footprint than my RJM MMGT/22 in some places. I don’t need an FM9, but I‘m looking forward to trying one anyway!

To your question, though, especially in your uses, the III would be killer. Add a FC6 and you’re really in business. Higher cost overall, but more power and in stock.

Dumb question maybe, but where does tbe FM9 fit on the fractal CPU comparison chart? Is there one that actually shows where it fits in?

Dumb question maybe, but where does tbe FM9 fit on the fractal CPU comparison chart? Is there one that actually shows where it fits in?
Product Comparison Table
Comparing the FM3 and FM9 and Axe-Fx III

Basically, the FX3 is 2x more powerful than the FM9. The FM9 is 2x more powerful than the FM3. But CPU speed or power doesn't tell the whole story, because the CPU/DSP capabilities are different and, as a result they're used differently.

The Axe 3 none turbo is less than 2x more powerful than the FM9 Turbo. I suppose you meant non turbo version of both.
It's not worth worrying about minor differences of the CPU speeds. Whether they're "Turbo" or not, we call them Axe-FX III, FM9, and FM3, because when you look at the difference in the speeds of the "Turbos", they're not that much.

they are very close in CPU capability and I really don't wanna have issues opening custom created patches or things I could buy from vendors that might take full advantage of the unit.
CPU capacity isn't the same as CPU utilization. And, while CPU might be roughly equivalent, the AX8 can't run the latest firmware, which is a major difference.

Custom-created patches are not transferrable into the current generation from the AX8, except at the very lowest level; You might get a preset to move via a non-Fractal tool, but you definitely won't get an immediately usable preset, and most people find it easier to recreate it from scratch.

CPU capacity isn't the same as CPU utilization. And, while CPU might be roughly equivalent, the AX8 can't run the latest firmware, which is a major difference.

Custom-created patches are not transferrable into the current generation from the AX8, except at the very lowest level; You might get a preset to move via a non-Fractal tool, but you definitely won't get an immediately usable preset, and most people find it easier to recreate it from scratch.
Yes, that makes sense. Since you're beta testing, when is the FM9 Beta going to be released?

Judging by everyone's posts - they're almost exactly 11 months behind. I put my request in on 12/7/2021, so I'm guessing I'll see my invite very, very soon. Maybe even today.
Is there any idea on where they are in the waitlist?
Many people have posted when they requested to be on the waitlist and when they got their invitation to purchase an FM9. Almost all of the recent ones are within a few days of exactly 11 months.

Judging by everyone's posts - they're almost exactly 11 months behind. I put my request in on 12/7/2021, so I'm guessing I'll see my invite very, very soon. Maybe even today.

Many people have posted when they requested to be on the waitlist and when they got their invitation to purchase an FM9. Almost all of the recent ones are within a few days of exactly 11 months.
According to my tracking of user postings, we're currently holding at 47 weeks + 5 days, so just under 12 months. Per Matt's posts, it was 48 weeks but he hadn't posted as recently as users had.

But, we haven't seen any postings from users in the forum, or from Fractal since late October, which hints that Fractal is waiting on a shipment, but we have no facts, it's only based on some things @Admin M@ said after they started invitations again.

The timeline is so long I'm starting to just think getting an Axe 3 is better. Yea its more $$, but I always use the editor and it never leaves the house. Anyone else just break down and do the 3 and happy they did or regretted they did? I mean I do use the foot switches on rare occation, but it is those times where I'm just powering up quick to play and only going through the 4 main patches I typically use.
My rig died so I bought an FM3 about 3 months ago. I Love It!!! I am really questioning if I even need the FM9 now and may just stick with the FM3 to keep my pedal board smaller. It is very powerful and you can really do a lot with 3 foot switches. And it is less to have to carry! Lol

My rig died so I bought an FM3 about 3 months ago. I Love It!!! I am really questioning if I even need the FM9 now and may just stick with the FM3 to keep my pedal board smaller. It is very powerful and you can really do a lot with 3 foot switches. And it is less to have to carry! Lol
If you get the FC6, you'll be able to take advantage of the original OMG9 layouts, which makes for a very flexible system. When you have the floor space use the FC6, when you don't, switch back to the default layout and use three switches.

I spec'd an FM3+FC6 bag that Studio Slips makes that results in a very easy-to-carry bundle when traveling.

Last edited:
I have no idea who or what a Joe Mangle is, but most stereotypes about Australians are usually true.
Now excuse me while I eat 5kg of Vegemite, jump on my kangaroo and head off to the pub...
I was told by all my Navy buddies that before I remarried I needed to get over to Australia. The women are b-e-a-u-tiful, and sick of their men. lol.

Back
Top Bottom