rcv24

Inspired
I'm using an Axe-FX II XL+ with MFC-101 and Mission Engineering SP-1. All firmware and presets are the latest. SP-1 is connected to XP1 (pedal sweep) and XP2 (toe switch) with TRS cables.

I followed AxeFXtutorials.com on how to set the SP-1 up for use as a way and the switch as on/off. Then I followed the tutorial on setting it up to be a volume pedal when the switch is off and a wah pedal when the switch is on.

Everything was working fine until... I noticed that Modifier 01 is set to Extern 1 : Wahwah 1 (Control) for EVERY preset that has a Wah block. Now, every patch I go to that has a Wah block, the wahwah is engaged regardless of the switch setting. I have to manually set Extern 2 to the switch to turn off the Wah. I don't know why this modifier isn't global as well?

Any ideas on how to fix this globally so that the Wah doesn't engage without the switch (extern 2)? If the pedal is going to do anything globally, I'd like it attached to the Volume block (that is, have the Extern 1 modifier default to Volume / Pan 1).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Those factory presets have auto-engage enabled for wah. You'll need to edit any preset when you want a different result, like wah/volume toggle switch.

Pasting or recalling (via Axe-Edit or front panel) one edited wah block into other presets can speed up the process, requiring a few seconds per preset.

Back
Top Bottom