Video Tutorial: AX8 Beyond Basics - Part 1 -AX8-Edit

UPDATE 5-31-16 - Well I'm finishing the edit on an almost 2 hour in-depth tutorial on AX8-Edit! I didn't think I would be teaching this much but apparently I am! At this point it looks like this Beyond Basics video is now a series of possibly 3 parts :O

Part 1 will be finished today and will focus on AX8-Edit:

AX8-Edit Basics
Left vs Right click
Tooltips
Presets
Scenes
Preset Names and Creating Presets
Importing and Exporting Presets
Snapshots
Menu Items defined (most of them)
Axe-Manage Presets and Cabs
Color-Coding Amps and Cabs
Block Library
Transferring Blocks from Axe-Fx II or FX8 to your AX8

Part 2 will include describe how I work with the Amp and Cab block *spoilers i don't use advanced parameters!!* as well as a brief description of the other block types and some sample settings. It will also talk about some recent hardware/firmware updates.

If that gets close to 1 hour of content which I'm guessing it will, I'll be making a Part 3 which will be the "Gig Tips" video - this will include the Footswitch Setup Guide that I originally talked about, as well as the other gig topics like Mono vs Stereo, Global EQ, Stage and FOH signals, etc.

I really didn't expect the topics to expand this much, but if you pre-ordered all this for $10, you got a killer deal. I will be ending the pre-order today and all 3 videos will be available separately in parts.

Thanks for your guys patience. At this time I have no ETA for Parts 2 and 3. I'd rather do them sooner than later though! Once I finish the edit for Part 1, I will upload it to Selz and everyone will get an Email Notification that there is a new file.

I just uploaded the video to Selz and everyone should be getting an Email notification. If anyone did, can you let me know here?

It's 9pm where I am, so I delivered part of it in May :)

No e-mail here, but the tutorial was on my account. It's very well done, and it's filling in some gaps in my understanding of AxeEdit that I didn't know were there--so big thumbs up from me. Thanks.

I just published my latest premium video, AX8 Beyond Basics - Part 1 - AX8-Edit. If you pre-ordered, check your email for the link to download or stream the video. If you missed the pre-order, you can purchase the video here:

https://axefxtutorials.selz.com/item/ax8-bb-p1

In this video, I take an in-depth look at AX8-Edit, the free software editor for the AX8. Topics we'll cover are

Left vs Right click
Tooltips
Presets
Scenes
Preset Names and Creating Presets
Importing and Exporting Presets
Snapshots
Menu Items defined (most of them)
Axe-Manage Presets and Cabs
Color-Coding Amps and Cabs
Block Library
Transferring Blocks from Axe-Fx II or FX8 to your AX8

Here is the previous info I posted for those who pre-ordered:
Chris, I got the email to download or stream part 1 of your latest premium video, AX 8 Beyond Basics. I cannot download or stream the video to either of my Windows 10 computers (desktop & laptop), only to my iPad mini. Also the first Beginners Video will no longer play or stream on either of my Windows 10 computers, only my iPad mini. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. I would appreciate your insight into this situation. Thanks in advance, Tom.

Last edited:
Chris, I got the email to download or stream part 1 on your latest premium video, AX 8 Beyond Basics. I cannot download or stream the video either of my Windows 10 computers, only to my iPad mini. Also the first Beginners Video will no longer play or stream on either of my Windows 10 computers, only my iPad mini. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. I would appreciate your insight into this situation. Thanks in advance, Tom.
Can you watch YouTube videos on your Win10 computer?

I also just researched and it seems that Windows 10 specifically has issue with MP4 files, a very common video type. Try installing VLC media player - it is free and usually works with all types of media.

Last edited:
Can you watch YouTube videos on your Win10 computer?

I also just researched and it seems that Windows 10 specifically has issue with MP4 files, a very common video type. Try installing VLC media player - it is free and usually works with all types of media.

Windows loves its wmv files ;)
Yes, I can watch YouTube videos on my windows 10 computers, and I used to be able to watch the "beginners video", but I am no able to do so ....
I will look into downloading VLC, thanks.

Yes, I can watch YouTube videos on my windows 10 computers, and I used to be able to watch the "beginners video", but I am no able to do so ....
I will look into downloading VLC, thanks.
UPDATE!!! Using Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10 works perfectly. Chris thanks for your quick initial response!

Just started to watch the video (I am running it through my Mac) and immediately noticed that my productiveness and organisation will increase a lot!!! Lots of Axe-Edit feature that I was not using and will really expedite all the presets creation process.

What I also liked is that Chris not only shows the software feature but also guide us on a possible utilisation process. One cool and so emblematic example to me is the preset snapshot feature (not the screen snapshot). Awesome...will simplify a lot my presets creation process. Really recommend the video!!! Good job! Well executed!!! :):):):):)

the preset snapshot feature (not the screen snapshot). Awesome...will simplify a lot my presets creation process.
thanks! yeah the snapshot feature is something many people don't even know about, and it's a button just right there :) it's best to have your computer folder open right there to quickly reload things. but even to just quickly save things as you go, it's awesome! date and time right there too.

I had problem downloading, only got text message when opening file. Windows 10 desk top. Copied downloaded file to thumb drive to open on Win7 laptop and same thing.

I had problem downloading, only got text message when opening file. Windows 10 desk top. Copied downloaded file to thumb drive to open on Win7 laptop and same thing.
What is the full name of the file you downloaded?

Back
Top Bottom