VIDEO: Matrix GT1000FX & Port City OS2x12 V30 Demo - Sean Ashe

Verry good original Sean! Very Vaish inspired phrasing. Really enjoyed the uplifting groove you came up with. I like your port city IRs BTW. Thanks.

Hey Sean! Just did a patch with the Badger 30. Got the settings from the rig rundown as well! Thanks for the tip. I tweaked some other things within the amp. And made a pseudo Koko Boost that works as a charm! Try a null filter boosting the level to taste (that would be the volume boost part of the Koko), and also a PEQ with a slight mid boost (getting the other part Mid Boost duh). Alternate between them or stack them, it sounds pretty much in the ballpark with GGs settings and the Koko. I also added a drive block, with the Eternal Love as a boost only, tone at noon, level maxed and drive 0. I use 4 scenes. 1 being the plain Suhr, no extras besides reverb (dryish just to make a bit of air, and with Y set for a longer spacier tone ideal for cleans). 2 with filter on, 3 with PEQ on and 4 with the lovely and bity eternal love. Last three have delay on, and I also set the wah trying to match the Jerry Cantrell wah. Analog chorus, according to one of GGs infamous chorus pedals and its settings. So that would be the basic GG setting. Really inspiring tone on my Vigier which is the one I used to tweak. Its got Paf classics, so they react wonderfully with the volume knob on the axe.
I'll try and upload something tomorrow.
Awesome video, and inspiring tones man!

Awesome, I'll have to check those settings out. And thank you :)

Nice, Sean. That actually had a bit of a Phil Keaggy vibe to it, which is a huge compliment! I've thought of checking out the Matrix/Cab setup, but have been so satisfied of late with my FRFR rig that I simply haven't gotten to it. This gives me a good idea of where to head if/when I do. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Nice, Sean. That actually had a bit of a Phil Keaggy vibe to it, which is a huge compliment! I've thought of checking out the Matrix/Cab setup, but have been so satisfied of late with my FRFR rig that I simply haven't gotten to it. This gives me a good idea of where to head if/when I do. Thanks for taking the time to post!

I'm not familiar with Phil Keaggy but I'll have to check him out! And thank you! :)

Damn! You got great timing and spot on playing. Very pro!!
Fun to listen to also, really liked the song. :)

Thanks spufuz! Have been working a ton on timing/pocket lately and while I still have a long way to go that compliment means alot . Glad you enjoyed it, you can download it on the frizzle (free) at soundcloud.com/seanashe ;)

Back
Top Bottom