VIDEO: Matrix GT1000FX & Port City OS2x12 V30 Demo - Sean Ashe

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've made a post here but thought I'd share my new video :) It's a demo of my Matrix GT1000FX Power Amp and Port City OS2x12 cab (loaded with v30s). As always, the Axe FX was providing all of the amp tones. I used a Suhr Badger 30 for the clean rhythm and then the 100w Plexi for my lead.

Signal Chain:

Ibanez RT650 -> Axe FX II -> Matrix GT1000FX -> Port City -> SM57 -> Protools (All delays/reverbs are from PT)

Hope you dig it! As far as patches go, I guess you could use some of my Port City IRs (in the User IRs section) to get close to cab sound, but the Suhr was set to the Guthrie Govan rig rundown settings from premier guitar, and the Plexi was drive at noon, master all the way up, and then bass/mid/treble all at 1 oclock.

Enjoy :)

It's like my lovely setup ,except that my Matrix is GT1500FXBD :) I love it !
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've made a post here but thought I'd share my new video :) It's a demo of my Matrix GT1000FX Power Amp and Port City OS2x12 cab (loaded with v30s). As always, the Axe FX was providing all of the amp tones. I used a Suhr Badger 30 for the clean rhythm and then the 100w Plexi for my lead.

Signal Chain:

Ibanez RT650 -> Axe FX II -> Matrix GT1000FX -> Port City -> SM57 -> Protools (All delays/reverbs are from PT)

Hope you dig it! As far as patches go, I guess you could use some of my Port City IRs (in the User IRs section) to get close to cab sound, but the Suhr was set to the Guthrie Govan rig rundown settings from premier guitar, and the Plexi was drive at noon, master all the way up, and then bass/mid/treble all at 1 oclock.

Enjoy :)

Sounded great!!!! dam those cabs are expensive!!!!

Thanks! honestly they are THE best cabs my ears have ever heard. It's like going from Standard definition to HD haha. I got EXTREMELY lucky and bought it used from a guy i know for a ridiculously amazing price. I will say though, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one at full price. I really enjoy them. Also if you want to 'try' it, i took 40 IRs of this cab and they're in the User IR section of the forum ;)

That was great Sean....nice playing! I like the tones from that cab. I use 2x12 cabs mostly and would love to give that a whirl. I will have to check out those IR's! ;)

That was great Sean....nice playing! I like the tones from that cab. I use 2x12 cabs mostly and would love to give that a whirl. I will have to check out those IR's! ;)

Thanks! Yea the IRs are really close I think as long as you blend them. obviously the actual 2x12 in the room will sound bigger and better (imo).

Great demo!
What I find even more awesome is the track. It's an original song, isn't it?

Great demo!
What I find even more awesome is the track. It's an original song, isn't it?

Thanks!

Yea I wrote it for the purposes of this demo. If you want you can download it at my soundcloud (soundcloud.com/seanashe)

I'm not sure I'll ever add onto it but its still a decent 1 minute 30 second piece of music you can have i guess :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks!

Yea I wrote it for the purposes of this demo. If you want you can download it at my soundcloud (soundcloud.com/seanashe)

I'm not sure I'll ever add onto it but its still a decent 1 minute 30 second piece of music you can have i guess :) Glad you enjoyed it!

I did follow the youtube link and found the soundcloud track.
Very nice. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom