VIDEO: Matrix GT1000FX & Port City OS2x12 V30 Demo - Sean Ashe

Sean - how close to the real thing do the IR's + FRFR get? Definitely considering this rig!

Well, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of FRFR. Although, for recording it is identical in every way (imo). I just prefer a cab in a room for practice/playing live etc. i took IRs of my cab so i could use them in a live scenario for both cab AND direct simultaneously :)

Nice playing, of course, cos you're a nice player. Nothing wrong, per se, with the tones....I just don't care for the grit in the beginning chords, nor the little bit of sizzle I can hear in the lead tone.

Nice playing, of course, cos you're a nice player. Nothing wrong, per se, with the tones....I just don't care for the grit in the beginning chords, nor the little bit of sizzle I can hear in the lead tone.

I kinda see what you mean, part of the reason for that 'grit' in the beginning is actually the pickups. These are stock ibanez pickups believe it or not, so without that clarity it may get a little muddy, and that mud mixed with some pushed tube-yness can add to that. In regards to the lead tone I agree, in retrospect I used too much gain. I like sizzle because it cuts through the mix but this was a bit much. Thanks for the compliments :)

I kinda see what you mean, part of the reason for that 'grit' in the beginning is actually the pickups. These are stock ibanez pickups believe it or not, so without that clarity it may get a little muddy, and that mud mixed with some pushed tube-yness can add to that. In regards to the lead tone I agree, in retrospect I used too much gain. I like sizzle because it cuts through the mix but this was a bit much. Thanks for the compliments :)

Hey Sean - this is great! I actually love that "sizzle" or "grit" at the beginning of the tune - I think it wouldnt be (pardon my language) as ballsy without it.... and I think it's just how you play it (mute it vs. let it ring - if you notice the fourth time you play the riff it doesn't have the same grit so I think you damped it/muted it a bit....
this is the kind of stuff I really love... you have great technique and some cool phrasing.... reminds me a little of some satriani-type stuff!
I've just gone to your soundcloud page and downloaded a couple of your mp3s - great stuff sir!! Thank you!
More sizzle!!!!

Love it!

leagueofkruger's channel - YouTube

Last edited:
NOOOOO

This is what I get for editing this in the late hours of the night. Can't believe I mispelled that, I feel so dumb hahaha. Luckily you're the first comment about it.

Ah, stuff happens. Don't mean to be negative just constructive - everything else is 100% professional eh! (so your next video is even that much better!!)
It's about the music and the tone anyways, not the spelling..
Everyone makes misteaks now and thenn.
thx

Ah, stuff happens. Don't mean to be negative just constructive - everything else is 100% professional eh! (so your next video is even that much better!!)
thx

haha my next video is already uploaded, luckily that one is 100% spell checked and set to be uploaded july 5th hehe ;)

thx

Yummmmm steaks. Sean, this video is badass.

You should name this patch, "A Tender Sirloin".

I have no beef with that!!!

It's got the right kind of "sizzle" for me too....

Just don't tell the guys on the "I've Turned Vegan" thread.... Ba-doom-CHING

(ok time to go outside now... again - great vid Sean!)

Hey Sean! Just did a patch with the Badger 30. Got the settings from the rig rundown as well! Thanks for the tip. I tweaked some other things within the amp. And made a pseudo Koko Boost that works as a charm! Try a null filter boosting the level to taste (that would be the volume boost part of the Koko), and also a PEQ with a slight mid boost (getting the other part Mid Boost duh). Alternate between them or stack them, it sounds pretty much in the ballpark with GGs settings and the Koko. I also added a drive block, with the Eternal Love as a boost only, tone at noon, level maxed and drive 0. I use 4 scenes. 1 being the plain Suhr, no extras besides reverb (dryish just to make a bit of air, and with Y set for a longer spacier tone ideal for cleans). 2 with filter on, 3 with PEQ on and 4 with the lovely and bity eternal love. Last three have delay on, and I also set the wah trying to match the Jerry Cantrell wah. Analog chorus, according to one of GGs infamous chorus pedals and its settings. So that would be the basic GG setting. Really inspiring tone on my Vigier which is the one I used to tweak. Its got Paf classics, so they react wonderfully with the volume knob on the axe.
I'll try and upload something tomorrow.
Awesome video, and inspiring tones man!

Back
Top Bottom