Version 7.00 Preview Part Deux

Can wah in V.7.0 be revised in terms of distorting in clean chanel?

I'm afraid that's how wahs work. You will get extra gain in the frequencies that are being pushed, and you will get extra distortion. The only way around this is to lower the level of the wah.

I will say this, the /13 will be my new go to verge of breakup amp. It is absolutely sweet! Cliff's clips only give you one aspect of the amp. It responds so well to digging in with your pick to go from clean to break up. I just love the the sound of this amp.

+1!

will this have dramatic effects on our existing presets?
just wondering if we'll have to re-config our presets as a result of this..

edit: it's not a moan / gripe, it just means that if this is the case, I'll be sure that when I go for 7.0, I have a nice big time window set aside for additional tweakage

It hasn't been dramatic so far for me.

being the sort of player I am [loud and crass], I'm really not a fan of gentle break up and crunch tones...
I like my cleans to be clean and thick, and my dirty tones to be really fried..

so in theory I really shouldn't be liking this tone...

but I actually really like it...
it has a real cool 'honk' about it..

jeez.... the Axe is seriously making me re-evaluate things...

It does clean and thick too. Not as thick as the Shiva clean but sweet none the less.

First half is real amp.

Since the preamp modeling has changed I have to go through all the amps and readjust the various gains. So it's going to be at least a few more days.

I thought it would be the other way around, hoped I was wrong. Thankfully, I was. LOVE the sound of the second half.

I'm going to take your word on this new dynamics thing because to me I can't really imagine it being much better than it already is right now. Seriously. I spend more time futzing around with the volume control on a single patch than creating patches anymore. Hell, I haven't made a new patch in weeks.

Sounds GREAT!

First half is real amp.

Since the preamp modeling has changed I have to go through all the amps and readjust the various gains. So it's going to be at least a few more days.

Cliff,

Thanks for this "heads-up" info...getting the relative gain-structuring right is (IMO) an excellent priority! Also, I agree that the reverb sounds great in these clips.

FWIW, I hadn't a clue as to which clip was the "actual-amp." I thought they were extremely similar (through my inexpensive M-AUDIO nearfields - LOL!)

Bill

I'm going to take your word on this new dynamics thing because to me I can't really imagine it being much better than it already is right now. Seriously. I spend more time futzing around with the volume control on a single patch than creating patches anymore. Hell, I haven't made a new patch in weeks.

I'm actually hoping that with the arrival of the Diezels in 7.0, that I'll have a stable, almost never to be touched again config..
I want to get to the point where it's set up, hitting the spot and left alone...

any other new presets will just be me messing around for fun or experimenting...

but this is the Axe-II right... so who knows... lol..

It hasn't been dramatic so far for me.

thanks dude...
I guess when 7.0 shows up I'll just pop it in and set aside a few hours to check over my presets..

I'd assume this dynamic effect is more noticeable on low to mid-gain tones..
what's it like with hi-gain.. do they change in any way at all??

EDIT: it's just occurred to me that this could have very interesting impacts to my tone morphing..
it may allow me to reduce the amp gain a lot less [via xp1] and do more of the tonal 'cleaning' via the in-put trim..
so the outcome could potentially be a cleaned up tone that requires a lot less 'thickening' [via processing] forced upon it..

this could be quite interesting...

Last edited:
I guess that's why I like the Hiwatt for my cleans...
it's not too pretty and brittle.. it has good substance..

+1

The 6.x HiWatt model is bloody brilliant! It stands out for me as one of the best authentic models in the box. My guess is Cliff has a really really really good HiWatt to model from?

Richard

bravo-648.gif
guitar-1273.gif

Back
Top Bottom