Version 7.00 Preview Part Deux

shasha said:
I'm going to take your word on this new dynamics thing because to me I can't really imagine it being much better than it already is right now.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...wup-review-boutique-gear-snob.html#post651150
vAmp said:
[Still missing:] when I pick on the Axe, it feels like 60 to 75% strength, and I can go to 100% The real amps somehow gave me the illusion I could go way beyond 100%. These dynamics also add to the connectedness a lot.

Cliff on TGP said:
Our upcoming firmware addresses the "dynamic maximum" stuff.

I hope it's what I think. It would prove I have some kind of hearing after all and my post was not the BS some may have thought it was...? ;)

Last edited:
To my ears (through my Macbook pro speakers) the first half sounds fatter but more one-dimensional. The second half seems to be more transparent, organic, with more "air" around the notes. Just IMHO.

I'm listening with some decent nearfields and a sub, and I hear a little more mids/girth ("fatter") on the first example. Both sound great.

Here's a Divided by 13 CJ11 match. The new modeling even captures the gritty power tube breakup of the 6V6's.

You've mentioned new preamp dynamics/modelling, but it looks like you've updated the power amp for 7 as well?

That amp sounds really nice, as does the Maz clip....I love mid-gain amps and how they feel/overdrive when you dig into them. I've always used my pick/volume for shades/colors of distortion and can't wait to play with 7.00...I love really dynamic amps that have a playable 'zone' from cleanish to mild overdrive to fairly dirty

Although I'm mostly into the high gain amps, I can see myself using this one a lot! Sounds AWESOME! I am so happy I upgraded to the Axe II :)

I absolutely love this. It reminds me of my old Bogner Duende 15 watt.... A Lot - In a very good way. Cheers!!

Where is the reverb on the #1 actual amp clip coming from???

I absolutely love this. It reminds me of my old Bogner Duende 15 watt.... A Lot - In a very good way. Cheers!!

Where is the reverb on the #1 actual amp clip coming from???

All reverb is from the Axe-Fx. I'm using 4CM. So I just plug into the Axe and then switch between the amp and the model with a footswitch.

All reverb is from the Axe-Fx. I'm using 4CM. So I just plug into the Axe and then switch between the amp and the model with a footswitch.

Thought so. The reverb sounds great. It seemed so exact that I had to hear if it was same source. Answered.

All around home run Cliff! I am going to really enjoy this new addition to our amp family. (No need for the Bogner 15w Duende now, as this will get you there as well)

I would like to hear the new /13 combined with your new bias trem. Any chance?? I really really loved the trem sound of my Bogner Duende, and think your new bias trem will sound awesome with this 6V /13 amp.

I would like to hear the new /13 combined with your new bias trem. Any chance??
Where do you guys keep getting that from? Cliff ruled it out many months ago, as I've already stated multiple times.
Where did he restate it would be in?? Just wondering :)

Where do you guys keep getting that from? Cliff ruled it out many months ago, as I've already stated multiple times.
Where did he restate it would be in?? Just wondering :)
Sorry, man. You sound a bit upset here? (frustrated perhaps). Was not aware of any type of reversal on that item. The original posting from cliff sounded like a done deal, after the fact "glimpse of things coming soon" See Cliff's own thread where he said it would be in "The next Firmware Update" here --> ........ http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/45338-so-cool.html
All I remember is that he sounded pretty stoked at the time by his new (old school) re-creation.... ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, man. You sound a bit upset here? (frustrated perhaps). Was not aware of any type of reversal on that item. The original posting from cliff sounded like a done deal, after the fact "glimpse of things coming soon" See Cliff's own thread where he said it would be in "The next Firmware Update" here --> ........ http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/45338-so-cool.html
All I remember is that he sounded pretty stoked at the time by his new (old school) re-creation.... ;)

"There is actually an LFO in the amp block for modulating the bias but I removed access since I didn't want to deal with all the people complaining that it didn't sound right since it only works properly when the bias is set high enough (as in a real amp)."

Back
Top Bottom