Version 6.00 Preview

To be perfectly honest I appreciate the time that is going into the beta testing process and all the development. There is nothing worse than getting a new toy to play with and it creates a whole new set of issues with it. There will be more than enough questions about how to use it properly as soon as its dropped, we don't need the whole forum filled up with bug reports and complaints.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being as thorough as possible.

To be perfectly honest I appreciate the time that is going into the beta testing process and all the development. There is nothing worse than getting a new toy to play with and it creates a whole new set of issues with it. There will be more than enough questions about how to use it properly as soon as its dropped, we don't need the whole forum filled up with bug reports and complaints.

Absolutely nothing wrong with being as thorough as possible.
^^^ This.

Actually I'll probably be waiting a day or 2 after it's released to install anyway ..... no offence to the beta team but I prefer to hear some in the field reports first :eek:ops

I'm actually more excited for the overall changes to the amp models than the "matching" thing.

I'm actually more excited for the overall changes to the amp models than the "matching" thing.

Me too.
The only amp matching I'll likely be doing is to match the amp models
as close as I can to the real thing using just my ears.
That's why I am so excited to see the new controls.
As it is they are already sounding excellent, not having to tweak
advanced parameters is going to simplify matters a lot.

I think this 6.0 it's cousing some problems, that's why it's taking alot of time to get out. The Axe fx II was not built to make this kind of profiling or tone matching, it's a last resort mesure, it will have flaws. And in my opinion this is a recognition that Kemper is a great unit and a real threat.
I have an Axe fx II, i love it, but it's not perfect. I'm sure Kemper isn't perfect too, i haven't try it, but this effort that fractal is making.... i'm guessing it's a good unit

Ps: I'm not one of these guys that needs to defend the axe fx or say it's the best thing ever all the time!

I think this 6.0 it's cousing some problems, that's why it's taking alot of time to get out. The Axe fx II was not built to make this kind of profiling or tone matching, it's a last resort mesure, it will have flaws. And in my opinion this is a recognition that Kemper is a great unit and a real threat.
I have an Axe fx II, i love it, but it's not perfect. I'm sure Kemper isn't perfect too, i haven't try it, but this effort that fractal is making.... i'm guessing it's a good unit

Ps: I'm not one of these guys that needs to defend the axe fx or say it's the best thing ever all the time!

Seriously...., you can't be serious.

Uh, folks. I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up. That's the same word "soon" he used before. It's a big ass release. I'm sure they have to make certain all the parts are in order and minimum of bugs get uncovered by the restless natives!

That said I hope he releases it tomorrow. But I already have my hands full , you know??
I just want to remind you folks I said this back on March 23rd, the same day Cliff stated "soon" and gave us an update on what it all entailed. People seemed to think soon meant tomorrow. Soon means soon. Non-specific. I can't believe how you folks get so worked up. :)

Back
Top Bottom