Version 6.00 Preview

I think this 6.0 it's cousing some problems, that's why it's taking alot of time to get out. The Axe fx II was not built to make this kind of profiling or tone matching, it's a last resort mesure, it will have flaws. And in my opinion this is a recognition that Kemper is a great unit and a real threat.
I have an Axe fx II, i love it, but it's not perfect. I'm sure Kemper isn't perfect too, i haven't try it, but this effort that fractal is making.... i'm guessing it's a good unit

Ps: I'm not one of these guys that needs to defend the axe fx or say it's the best thing ever all the time!

Another "this" vs "that" post? Unbelievable! Just make some music and enjoy the ride!

Why not? The last firmware update had some pretty nasty problems & this is a much bigger update from what I can tell. I appreciate that they are taking longer to make sure that doesn't happen again but even so, no software is perfect.

Respectfully notalemming,

No one said anything is perfect. I surely did not. Please PM me about the 'nasty problems' with 5.0. That's a new one to me.

I am on the beta team. What pjrs78 was referencing as a 'reason' for 'delay' does not have any basis in fact because there is no delay. There is a prudent beta period for development. There is Axe-Edit, there is the MFC-101 and the firmware itself. You were correct that this is bigger than 5.0 and might be the biggest overall update in Fractal history due to the fact it affects the MFC, Axe-FXII and Axe-Edit all at the same time.

526253_409585429068162_100000501254044_1578854_418506717_n.jpg

Respectfully notalemming,

No one said anything is perfect. I surely did not. Please PM me about the 'nasty problems' with 5.0. That's a new one to me.

I am on the beta team. What pjrs78 was referencing as a 'reason' for 'delay' does not have any basis in fact because there is no delay. There is a prudent beta period for development. There is Axe-Edit, there is the MFC-101 and the firmware itself. You were correct that this is bigger than 5.0 and might be the biggest overall update in Fractal history due to the fact it affects the MFC, Axe-FXII and Axe-Edit all at the same time.

Respectfully Scott, do these 2 stickies ring a bell??? Did I make this up Henry?!?!?!

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-edit-1-273-faq-how-resolve-issues-after.html
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...m-backups-saved-axe-edit-firmware-5-04-a.html

I am glad that Fractal is taking what ever time they deem necessary to make this update as good as possible. There was no complaint here. Just stating the fact that there were issues with 5. Hopefully, this won't be the case for most users with 6!

Last edited:
I think this 6.0 it's cousing some problems, that's why it's taking alot of time to get out. The Axe fx II was not built to make this kind of profiling or tone matching, it's a last resort mesure, it will have flaws. And in my opinion this is a recognition that Kemper is a great unit and a real threat.
I have an Axe fx II, i love it, but it's not perfect. I'm sure Kemper isn't perfect too, i haven't try it, but this effort that fractal is making.... i'm guessing it's a good unit

Ps: I'm not one of these guys that needs to defend the axe fx or say it's the best thing ever all the time!

Well, Cliffs comments that the firmware was pretty much done and the time they are taking now is with Axe-Edit and MFC-101 integration pretty much puts that theory to bed

I would love to see your facts on why the II is not built for any kind of profiling or tone matching. I personally am not smart enough to know if the architecture is capable of handling such features but since it has already been stated it’s done and we have had several examples I would really like to know how you can support your comments.

I won't hold my breath though. :)

Last edited:
Why not? The last firmware update had some pretty nasty problems & this is a much bigger update from what I can tell. I appreciate that they are taking longer to make sure that doesn't happen again but even so, no software is perfect.

I could be totally off base and cannot speak for him here but I took Scotts "you cant be serious" comment as one that pjrs78 cant be serious about bringing the whole Axe vs Kemper thing into play with comments like the II was not built in a way that would support any tone matching etc . There are ALWAYS issues with any software upgrade. ALWAYS.

Me too.
The only amp matching I'll likely be doing is to match the amp models
as close as I can to the real thing using just my ears.
That's why I am so excited to see the new controls.
As it is they are already sounding excellent, not having to tweak
advanced parameters is going to simplify matters a lot.

Did anyone in the know say there will be "new controls" for the amp models not related to automated Amp Matching? I missed that one.
I thought the 3 clips sounded damn close (Amp Matching, not Tone Matching) and I DO have a couple of amps and distortion pedals to "Match".

I'm extremely interested in how well the Amp Matching can handle a distortion pedal that's not like any of the models and solid state devices that don't have a traditional valve type distortion. A Rockman Ultimatum pedal is one I really hope will "Match" well, and also a couple of software amp sims that are unique.

We'll soon see.

BTW, I hope they test the SH** out of the new FW before it's released. There are a LOT of changes and I can understand why it may take some time. Everybody should give these guys a break on the release time. It's something that "will be done when it's done" and nobody at Fractal can predict when it will be released.

Well, Cliffs comments that the firmware was pretty much done and the time they are taking now is with Axe-Edit and MFC-101 integration pretty much puts that theory to bed

I would love to see your facts on why the II is not built for any kind of profiling or tone matching. I personally am not smart enough to know if the architecture is capable of handling such features but since it has already been stated it’s done and we have had several examples I would really like to know how you can support your comments.

I won't hold my breath though. :)

I'd also like to see his facts.

I'm quite confident the DSP processing capability is there. Obviously Fractal can't use the same test signals that Kemper uses, and if you'll notice, the final fine tuning and the most important step of the Kemper profileing uses a guitar, not test signals.

Listen to the 3 Amp Matching clips that Cliff posted if anyone doubts amp matching ability and judge for yourself. It's just a matter of how far you'll be able to deviate from tube amps that have no model that's close to what you want to profile that's in question IMO.

I'm extremely interested in how well the Amp Matching can handle a distortion pedal that's not like any of the models and solid state devices that don't have a traditional valve type distortion.

Agreed, this is very interesting to me too, wondering if I can "Match" my weirder fuzzes.... The EQ them to cut through live a little better.... Very interested with this "Matching" concept.... I wonder what a guitar sounds like when "Tone Matching" a human voice, a kitchen blender, a dog barking???? Probably like S*** .... But some interesting playtime ahead and some cool sounds may be discovered.

Back
Top Bottom