Ventilation FM3

@FractalAudio if we replace the screws that hold the end caps (feet) on do we need to be careful about the length? Is there anything behind where the screws are that could be damaged if it is too long?

You could measure the current screw and then subtract the end cap thickness to be certain about length.
Fractal needs to confirm if the current screw used without the cap is too long.

Got it. @bdrepko You could reverse the exercise. Loosen the current screw
until it no longer engages a thread. Measure and then take it fully out and measure again.
subtract the depth of the recess and thickness of the strapping.
Maybe the current screws would work.
(probably not but it's worth checking - unless you already have)
With the screw out and the strapping on you could use the shaft of a Q-Tip to check the depth.

Last edited:
The bottom holes are for an (intake?) fan. The side holes would allow hot air inside the chassis to escape - so no. Don't cover any vent holes
The fan on the bottom draws the air from inside the unit to the outside. The side vents act as air intakes.

Canada......I looked at Home Depot Etc, no go , LOL
I’ve posted in several places a link to these screws. Amazon has them as well as McMaster. I bought m3.5x0.6 16mm. They come in packs of 100 but are around 6 bucks.https://www.amazon.com/Machine-Plated-Finish-Phillips-Threads/dp/B00DD4BEI2

Check Ace Hardware they have a whole section with Metric Machine Screws of all shapes and Sizes.

No Ace in Canada :)
I think I may have a solution :) courtesy of a great member in this community :)

Back
Top Bottom