Van Halen 5150 Tone Breakthrough

This is the cool thing about this forum. A guy started the leg work and was cool enough to share it and crowd source the final preset. We should do more of this collectively…we probably could come up with some really good crowd sourced presets of famous tones (albeit pickups and guitars will vary between all of us).

Maybe I’ll start a thread and we can generate some ideas for a series of forum tones. 😎

This is the cool thing about this forum. A guy started the leg work and was cool enough to share it and crowd source the final preset. We should do more of this collectively…we probably could come up with some really good crowd sourced presets of famous tones (albeit pickups and guitars will vary between all of us).

Maybe I’ll start a thread and we can generate some ideas for a series of forum tones. 😎
This ^^. There are some really experienced guitarists with great ears on this forum, and sharing presets that capture the right mojo is fun

Sounds like a job for @Piing \m/
A pleasure. Here it is.

Major changes:
Delete AMP2 that was bypassed on all scenes.
Delete CAB2 and add another Dyna-CAB at CAB-1, panned L, with Condenser microphone
Remove Preamp on CAB
Delete Delay3
Copy the band from PEQ3 to PEQ1 and delete PEQ3.
Set Reverb Quality to Economy
Rearrange blocks to 12x4 grid

I do not have my FM3 here to test the CPU usage.

Attachments

• 5150 Album Test 8 FM3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
A pleasure. Here it is.

Major changes:
Delete AMP2 that was bypassed on all scenes.
Delete CAB2 and add another Dyna-CAB at CAB-1, panned L, with Condenser microphone
Remove Preamp on CAB
Delete Delay3
Copy the band from PEQ3 to PEQ1 and delete PEQ3.
Set Reverb Quality to Economy
Rearrange blocks to 12x4 grid

I do not have my FM3 here to test the CPU usage.
Awesome! I'll have to give it a go when I can. I swapped in a 5150 amp block in the preset posted above and I really dig it.

What user IRs do you have at the CAB block?
Oh, I should have mentioned that. They are two of the ones ledhalen supplied with his bundle. Hold on let me check...back now.... 4x12 MarshallGBMD421F and M160F. Don't know if are his user IR's or if they are Factory ones. The Friedman GB Dynacab sound good also.

Oh, I should have mentioned that. They are two of the ones ledhalen supplied with his bundle. Hold on let me check...back now.... 4x12 MarshallGBMD421F and M160F. Don't know if are his user IR's or if they are Factory ones. The Friedman GB Dynacab sound good also.
They are user cabs

Back
Top Bottom