V9 Cabs, Anyone Use 'Em

somewhere during the many versions of v10, the v9 cabs were added in response to some user requests since the v9 cabs were supposedly smoother (or something like that) and because not everyone wanted that "in the room" tone that was introduced in v10.
seems like most have moved on to ultrares now and the v9 cabs won't be missed.

i have recently gone back to the stock factory cabs and realize that i still like them..

but i digress: no i don't use the v9 cabs.

I am completely UR's these days regardless whether I am playing the Axe FX II Mark I or the XL, so heave ho over the side I say.

I'd say the URs clearly have critical mass. :)

Like others, I'd like an offline of the replaced IR but would just consider it to be a nice convenience rather than a hard requirement. If a user was *totally* put out by a certain cab being gone they could actually "recreate" it rather easily with a tone match block and then export it as an IR. ;)

Nope...not using them here... Heck I'm not using most of the factory IRs...Replace them all...:)

But it would be sensible to provide the removed IRs as a download.

I've currently been experimenting with running my AFX into my traditional guitar cab. Prior to this, I was using IR's with my FRFR setup and was generally trying to take advantage of the UltraRES IR's that were being offered, so I agree that I would be happy to incorporate the new UR stuff in replacement of the V9 IR's.

I'm going to vote with replace them. I've been using only UltraRes IRs at this point. I personally don't have any patches using the V9 IRs. It would be cool to have an archive file (zip/rar) of the V9s for future use for users who are indeed still using them.

Back
Top Bottom