USB Audio Driver Update for Axe-Fx III, FM3, and FM9

I had usb audio issues with drop outs on the FM3. At 1st I was trying to run music in from an iPod and camera adapter. It worked but only for a little bit and then it would drop out. So I figured it was my interface and I gave up on it. Until Cablab4. I bought the TV pack and started working on that using SW Live mode. And I had audio drops. Then I found that I could make a change to the buffer size. Any change up or down would bring back the audio. There was no buffer setting that would cure the drops but a change would bring it back temporarily. The new drivers fixed that issue for me.

FM9 firmware 6.00, FM9 edit version 1.02.09, WIndows 10 Pro 22H2 version, last USB Audio Dirver updated... FM9 edit don't recognize mi FM9

Driver installed on Windows 10 some weeks before, test today, no signal for recording ... There is a reason why I prefer Linux. No change still WinXP :(
Uninstalled, reboot, reinstalled, USB-connect, no signal. I take the old one again!
Uninstalled, reboot, reinstalled old driver, USB connect and still no signal, playback is possible ... AHHHH.
I also changed always USB ports.

Edit: Well, Unplugged AXE FX from USB, I removed the old driver (v5.57) again, uninstalled in Device Manager under USB Controller all Ghost Drivers (grey not black letters), looks like this (view hidden devices needs to be selected):
85959-f3be5dd2eadd4e8598a9ca7f56e5bf57.jpg

reboot, installed old driver again, rebooted, plugged AXE FX via USB and now it works again. I will try the new driver later again.
I know these driver issues since Win95, unbelievable ... If MS KI can solve this :tearsofjoy:

Edit2: I did the same again for the new driver and now it works. Well before driver installation, uninstall old one, remove ghost drivers, reboot and install the new one.

Last edited:
Stealth edit: Just realized I'm on 5.62. Will update and report back lol

Stealth edit 2: Issue persists on 5.68 at 32bits. Will retest again at 64bits and 124, but not sure if it's a driver issue or a config issue just yet.

For clarity, is the USB ASIO driver 16 bit or 24 bit? I'm reading a bit depth of 24 bits in the manual, but showing 16 bit sample sizes in the buffer drop down of the ASIO driver. Trying to track down an issue where Rocksmith 2014 drops input signal completely (randomly, could be 5 minutes in, could be 1 hour plus) and am trying to narrow down why (and where) it's happening.

Anyone else ever run into this issue when running the standard Reaper/ReaRoute config for OBS? Thanks!
1711418916336.png1711418891206.png

Last edited:
is there any relationship between the new USB driver and Axe3-edit? My axe-edit has become crazy and sometimes just starts showing blocks in the wrong spot. Didn't see this before the USB driver upgrade. Tried refreshing after firmware - no change.

View attachment 136598

after restarting Axe-edit:
View attachment 136599

This started happening to me after updating the USB drivers. The ghosting happens when I turn the Value Knob/Wheel too fast

This started happening to me after updating the USB drivers. The ghosting happens when I turn the Value Knob/Wheel too fast
As posted before, this issue was happening to others well before this update...

Edit:

Although Matt has said this can be caused by a bad USB cable.

Stealth edit: Just realized I'm on 5.62. Will update and report back lol

Stealth edit 2: Issue persists on 5.68 at 32bits. Will retest again at 64bits and 124, but not sure if it's a driver issue or a config issue just yet.

For clarity, is the USB ASIO driver 16 bit or 24 bit? I'm reading a bit depth of 24 bits in the manual, but showing 16 bit sample sizes in the buffer drop down of the ASIO driver. Trying to track down an issue where Rocksmith 2014 drops input signal completely (randomly, could be 5 minutes in, could be 1 hour plus) and am trying to narrow down why (and where) it's happening.

Anyone else ever run into this issue when running the standard Reaper/ReaRoute config for OBS? Thanks!
View attachment 137541View attachment 137540
One thought I had on this is that I do not set the sample rate or block size in DAW, I allow it to defer to the driver's setting. Maybe this is causing an inconsistency? I also use my Axe with rocksmith at times, and I set the input to the DI signal directly using RS_ASIO. No need to send it from DAW to the game using ReaRoute. I do use ReaRoute as an audio output from Rocksmith though. It's difficult to help troubleshoot other people's specific setups, but I hope that helps some.

Back
Top Bottom