USB Audio Driver Update for Axe-Fx III, FM3, and FM9

We've rolled out an update for our USB Audio drivers to address an underlying Microsoft-related issue. We recommend that all users should update.

Please see the product pages below to update to the latest USB Audio Driver version 5.68:

Axe-Fx III
https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-downloads/

FM3
https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-downloads/

FM9
https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9-downloads/
What Microsoft issue exactly is being patched? I'm not having an issue so I'm hesitant to update unnecessarily.

Those are ghost blocks. Unrelated and experienced by some people occasionally. There were editor fixes for all editors but it's still happening for some.

Restart the editor.
not really the fix I was looking for. I have never had ghost blocks before. Rolling back just in case

not really the fix I was looking for. I have never had ghost blocks before. Rolling back just in case
Well that IS the fix (for now) and you could very well encounter them on previous versions as well. The issue is in the editor, not the firmware.

I haven't experienced this at all with FW 6 and most recent editor, but I did in FW 5 and maybe 4 as well (don't remember for sure).

This is a display issue only. There's no affect to the actual preset...

My PC does not seem to see my axe fx 3 after the update. I've tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall, thinking that will help but nah. Looks like I need to wait for another update 😂

After installing new drivers, my computer lost its smooth operation. I have Win 10. YouTube videos do not play smoothly, and after turning on Axe edit they completely cut out. When I turn off Axe Fx III and switch to another sound card, the problem disappears. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

After installing new drivers, my computer lost its smooth operation. I have Win 10. YouTube videos do not play smoothly, and after turning on Axe edit they completely cut out. When I turn off Axe Fx III and switch to another sound card, the problem disappears. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?
I'm having this issue as well after installing driver and trying to run Ripx. Windows 10 here too.

Can anyone please explain what this is all about? I just paid a lot of money to gain back USB functionality of my FM3 and don’t want to run into what are some people are reporting happening with the update (losing functionality of it), this whole thing just sounds scary to me.
It would be great to know what the Microsoft issue reason for the update is in the first place and also how to avoid running into something really bad by installing the update.
I’m not wanting to touch this with a 10 foot pole currently but more information would help that.
Thanks.

Can anyone please explain what this is all about? I just paid a lot of money to gain back USB functionality of my FM3 and don’t want to run into what are some people are reporting happening with the update (losing functionality of it), this whole thing just sounds scary to me.
It would be great to know what the Microsoft issue reason for the update is in the first place and also how to avoid running into something really bad by installing the update.
I’m not wanting to touch this with a 10 foot pole currently but more information would help that.
Thanks.
For what's it worth, I am on Win 11, installed this update and had no issue whatsoever with my FM3.

Back
Top Bottom