USB Audio Driver Update for Axe-Fx III, FM3, and FM9

It has FM3 or none. If you hit default it goes back to FM3. Neither of those work. I immediately hooked up my FM9 and it works perfectly. I've tried to get my set up on both the same but it's like it's not communicating through the FM3.

I'm at a loss. I just got the FM3 and it won't connect with my FM3 Edit. I've done everything that I can think of. I got the FM9 less than a month ago and had it up and running in minutes. Same process does not work for FM3. I've tried 2 different computers and 4 different USB cables.

My computer tells me that the drivers are loaded and FM3 is available......nope! I use the same USB to connect FM9 and FM9 edit and everything works perfectly.
Did you install the FM3 USB drivers? Those are different than the FM9 drivers.

Also, check here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-connection-issues-with-the-editor-help-is-here.194108/

It has FM3 or none. If you hit default it goes back to FM3. Neither of those work. I immediately hooked up my FM9 and it works perfectly. I've tried to get my set up on both the same but it's like it's not communicating through the FM3.
Either the FM3 drivers aren't installed properly (there are two of them, and they both need to be installed), or something isn't connected correctly, or some other program is communicating with your FM3 over its USB port.

From the symptoms, my money is on a missing FM3 USB Serial Driver.

I appreciate all of the suggestions. I'm gonna reinstall and start over. I'm sure there's something that I'm missing. The FM9 was so easy to do.

I bought a driver update and it said my FM3 communication driver was outdated. I loaded it and restarted my computer and success. I was able to update to firmware 8 and get started. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm new to the Fractal world and have no idea why it took me this long to find out about all of this. Excited to make music.

I bought a driver update and it said my FM3 communication driver was outdated. I loaded it and restarted my computer and success. I was able to update to firmware 8 and get started. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm new to the Fractal world and have no idea why it took me this long to find out about all of this. Excited to make music.
Bought? Fractal drivers are free...

Yes bought. I had exhausted every other option. I couldn’t figure it out. So I bought these and the worked. It was worth it to save further frustration.

Yes bought. I had exhausted every other option. I couldn’t figure it out. So I bought these and the worked. It was worth it to save further frustration.

Everything you need is here, and it's free, as has been said. It's still not very clear what you bought. You bought an up-to-date FM3 USB driver from a third party? Or did you pay (why? whom?) for driver updates to your system?

I mean, I'm glad it works for you. But... what?

I paid a third party to find outdated drivers for particular devices. It was $9.99. They found the outdated driver and I updated and it worked perfectly. I downloaded the available drivers from Fractal several times and couldn’t get it to communicate.

I admit that it’s odd . I just bought a FM9 less than a month ago and had it up and running in just a very few minutes. Then with that same computer I couldn’t make FM3 work. I went to a second computer and it wouldn’t work until I paid someone to find my problem.

Last edited:
I paid a third party to find outdated drivers for particular devices. It was $9.99. They found the outdated driver and I updated and it worked perfectly. I downloaded the available drivers from Fractal several times and couldn’t get it to communicate.

I admit that it’s odd . I just bought a FM9 less than a month ago and had it up and running in just a very few minutes. Then with that same computer I couldn’t make FM3 work. I went to a second computer and it wouldn’t work until I paid someone to find my problem.

A big part of my decision to join the FAS family was their commitment to their products and the support they provide.

I consider it a big bonus to have great folks on this forum who help other users how they can. (I’m a new user, but a long-time forum guest lurker, so I’ve seen the wonderful support folks provide.)

While I can’t speak to the circumstances that led to purchasing third-party support (e.g., if you were under significant time constraints to get things up-and-running), I’d just like to encourage other new users to be patient, outline your troubleshooting process (or ask for one if needed), and reach out to the Official Fractal Support if needed.

Either way, I’m glad you got it fixed!

I’m mostly impatient. I could solve the problem on the first day (Friday) or wait for customer support to get back on Monday. I did what was good for me.
I had such a mess I don’t know if I could have communicated what I needed.

Back
Top Bottom