urgent help needed: power for mfc, what can i use?

Hey i just flew to LA from London for some gigs and realised the power for my mfc doesn't work. My euopean adaptor take 230v.
What happens is that all the lights on each footswitch turn on but nothing else, and no display nothing.

It is a MFC mk1, and axefx mk2.

What kind of power adaptor can I buy today or tomorrow anywhere that will work instead? Or what would be your suggestions?
If you could help me quick id really appreciate, as i need to leave for gigs in just a few days!
cheeeers

Last edited:
I use a Behringer FC1010. I have also seen others use a Voodoo Labs Ground Control. Not sure if they would be available where you are.

I do mean what other power adaptor i can use instead :) Everything is programmed in mfc, i can't change that now.
I'll edit the original post to make it clear.

Just get a CAT5 cable from literally anywhere for a few bucks. You only need MIDI cables and the power adapter when you're programming the MFC i.e. updating firmware or doing SYSEX dumps.

Last edited:
Hey i just flew to LA from London for some gigs and realised the power for my mfc doesn't work. My euopean adaptor take 230v.
What happens is that all the lights on each footswitch turn on but nothing else, and no display nothing.

It is a MFC mk1, and axefx mk2.

What kind of power adaptor can I buy today or tomorrow anywhere that will work instead? Or what would be your suggestions?
If you could help me quick id really appreciate, as i need to leave for gigs in just a few days!
cheeeers

Why not just power it over ethernet?

That certainly got my heart to stop beating so fast. :)
Pretty annoying that we can't buy FAS stuff anywhere, but i guess it would be so expensive..

thanks guys, appreciatd.

I live in LA. I can help you out in person if you can't find a solution.

Like Mentioned above
There's a Fractal Dealer in LA called "Tour Supply" They'll also build custom cables to spec if needed. Call them and ask for "Fozzie" (He's the cable builder)

1) 7-pin Midi powering from the Axe Fx
2) 5-pin midi, Power the MFC from wall wart at the board
3) Ethernet/Ethercon Cable.

I just got a cat 5 cable. It doesn't work!
"Time out" error.
it's powered, but it doesn't do anything. I don't have the latest fw on mfc but it shouldn't matter really...

Rosh thank you, let me see what i can do on my side...

Anyone knows about the time out error?

Last edited:
Did the Mk I MFC support power over ethernet? I thought the MK I was MIDI only. I'm likely wrong but that was the first thing that jumped into my brain.

Back
Top Bottom