urgent help needed: power for mfc, what can i use?

Two different kinds of cat5 cable. One that sends in both directions is the one you need. I forgot the name of the type but someone will chime in with. I had the same exact problem with the timeout error.

Two different kinds of cat5 cable. One that sends in both directions is the one you need. I forgot the name of the type but someone will chime in with. I had the same exact problem with the timeout error.

Well, all cat5 sends data in both directions. The one you're thinking of though is called "Cross-over cable". If OP managed to buy a cross-over cable, he'll need to exchange for a straight-through (standard) cat5 cable.

Every Ethernet cable "sends in both directions"... There is two types of Ethernet cables, straight and crossovers.

You must use a straight one. It's the more common, so I'm pretty sure that if you bought it blindly, it's the one you should have.

To check if you have a straight cable put the connectors side by side and check the wiring. Both connectors should have the same color cables from left to right.

As said above, check your MFC settings. You must use "Expansion" or "Ethernet" (depends on what MFC Firmware you have).

Don't use the MIDI Cable and the Ethernet at the same time. Read the MFC manual USMC posted.

EDIT: everything is posted already, Im on iPhone and didn't refreshed the thread.

You have to change the port on both, i found this out yesterday with my new rig.

MFC = Expansion

AXE FX = Expansion, then the timeout goes away.

Back
Top Bottom