Update factory banks

ericar

Inspired
Are factory preset banks A B and C updated with firmware updates or are they always the same that came when I bought the AXE?

If you check the downloads section of the FAS website, you'll find the date of the current presets.

They're due for an update, since it's been a few iterations of major upgrades. That being said, do your own thing and create your own to your specifications...you'll live better. They're meant for 'baseline' tones, and tweak them to fit your world.

R

Are factory preset banks A B and C updated with firmware updates or are they always the same that came when I bought the AXE?

Make sure to use Fractal-Bot to backup all your presets. Use Fractal-Bot to load all the Factory Presets. Close Fractal-Bot and Axe-Edit if they're open.

Download FractTool: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractool-the-ultimate-fractal-device-multitool.112538/

Connect a USB cable to the Axe-Fx II and PC. Open FracTool. If you're anti-virus program says it's a virus, it's a false positive and just add it to the exception list. Go to the Batch setter tab in FracTool. Select what you want changed and type the presets you want changed (I'm not near my Axe-Fx II right now so I can't give the exact settings to select but I think it's the Amp 1 Block, Modeling and Latest). Click Apply!

Once it's finished, all the amps in the Factory Presets will be set to the Latest firmware you have installed in your Axe-Fx II.

I've loaded the factory presets on my MKII and the rotary block appears to be engaged on every preset.

I've loaded the factory presets on my MKII and the rotary block appears to be engaged on every preset.

I had that issue a while ago when I updated to FW 18 but it was a known issue and I think it was documented in the release notes. I haven't had a chance to try the new Factory Presets.

Back
Top Bottom