Ultra Firmware Version 8.08 Released

Awwww, can somebody post the release notes here?

I can't open zip files on my iPhone and I'm on vacation!

In fact, Cliff could you post the release notes as part of the firmware announcements?

Ta!

Actually, Word files can be opened on a Mac without third party software. TextEditor opens them just fine, as does the preview feature in both Leopard and Snow Leopard. This applies to both *.doc and the new *.docx files.

But PDF is better anyway, for non-editable documents.

Well! What took you so long???? I could have used those reverbs yesterday!

Kidding.
I LOVE THIS BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Griffin said:
Awwww, can somebody post the release notes here?

I can't open zip files on my iPhone and I'm on vacation!....

Release notes:

Added Number Springs and Spring Tone parameters to Reverb block. These parameters, in the advanced menu, only affect the Vintage types. Number Springs allows you to vary the number of virtual springs from two to six in increments of two. The Vintage Small defaults to two, Medium to four and Large to six (previously all defaulted to six). The Spring Tone parameter allows you to vary the tone of the Vintage type. The models now all default to a value of 5.00. Presets created with earlier firmware will read 0.0 and can be left as is or adjusted to taste. A setting of 0.0 will result in the same tone as earlier firmware.

Added Extern Startup Value parameters to I/O -> MIDI page. This parameter chooses the startup value of each external controller on power-on. A value of 0% starts the external controller at the minimum, a value of 100% starts it at maximum. You may use this parameter to define the startup state of external controllers when assigned to a MIDI CC# but no MIDI controller is connected.

Added tempo averaging. When tapping the TEMPO button, or sending a Tempo CC message via MIDI, tempo is averaged over the number of taps, up to ten taps. If more then ten taps are entered the average is over the last ten. The averaging is reset if more than two seconds elapse between taps.
Added MIDI Tempo sysex message for use with MFC-101. The SEND TUNER SYSEX parameter in I/O->MIDI is now SEND REALTIME SYSEX and enables sending of the tuner and tempo sysex data. Set this to ON to enable these features for use with the MFC-101.

Added OFF VAL parameter to Modifiers. This parameter allows you to select the point at which the effect automatically disengages. The default value is 5%. Values of 50% or less cause the effect to disengage when the controller is below the value programmed. Values greater than 50% cause the effect to disengage when the value of the controller is above the threshold. This can be used, for example, to program a Wah to disengage at heel down (less than 50%) or toe down (greater than 50%). For example, to program the Wah to disengage at toe down, set the OFF VAL to, say, 90% and turn AUTOENG on.

Added default CC values for all items in I/O->CTRL menu. Using the Reset System Parameters utility will now set the CC values to these values rather than setting all to zero. The new default values are required for the MFC-101 “Axe-Fx Mode” of operation.
Fixed I/O->MIDI parameters not being reset when running Reset System Parameters utility.

Added Nav Left/Right accelerators to Modifier menu.

Thank you, Cliff!
Many users will be happy with the improved handling (and to me that's far more important than new amps every second week).
Especially tempo averaging is great! I had problems keeping a tremolo patch in time and it was hit and miss... not anymore.
This magic box gets never old :D

Cliff, I just took another look at the release notes (thanks, Shredi!), it's amazing how you keep stuffing more into that little magic box without running out of room!

It just keeps giving!

Thanks yet again for another wonderful update! I have one question though...

"Added Nav Left/Right accelerators to Modifier menu."

Can someone please elaborate on this?

T

teejay said:

T

Like in other list type pages (e.g. advanced parameters) pressing left/right jumps up/down 4 rows at a time, so navigating
through the parameters is faster.

teejay said:

T

In a List Menu pressing the right and left Nav buttons jumps by four parameters. The modifier menu didn't have this coded before.

This update packs in a lot of great functionality! Thank you Cliff! Toe down wah engage, tempo averaging, and the ability to set startup defaults for ext controllers... I'm in heaven!

I'm looking forward to messing with the new reverb parameters as well. I wasn't big on the vintage types before, but I'm sure I'll be able to get them closer to what I want them to sound like now.

D

Cliff, you're dedication to after sales support and improvement of the product is unmatched!

When will the standard firmware be updated?

many thanks Cliff, excellent operational improvements. I am going to appreciate not lugging in my pedal board (in 76 key keyboard case) every time I need to tweak tones.

Gracias! :D

Thanks Cliff!! You're the best! Really like the OFF value parameter to modifiers :cool:

Chad said:
Loving the new reverb "boing". I was up until 2:30am boinging away surf style.

Yeah, but it's pretty disapointing really. I fully expected to have a longboard and a 12 foot wave packed in this update as well. And beach babes! Where are the beach babes? Cliff clearly dropped the ball on this one.

Deltones said:
Chad said:
Loving the new reverb "boing". I was up until 2:30am boinging away surf style.

Yeah, but it's pretty disapointing really. I fully expected to have a longboard and a 12 foot wave packed in this update as well. And beach babes! Where are the beach babes? Cliff clearly dropped the ball on this one.

What? No babes with this FW? Oh forget it then, I'm not even going to bother updating ;)

Back
Top Bottom