Ultra Firmware Version 8.08 Released

This is such a great example of the sheer power of this online community. "Lemurstrat" started a thread about Surf reverb Sept 19th:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9852

Note the excellent level of detail he put into it to help the cause; links to schematics, clips etc. Obviously very well-schooled in Surf tone and the gear required to get it.

Here it is, 9 days later. <chorus of angels> We have real Surf reverb in the Axe.

Simply outstanding! Big thanks to Lemurstrat and Cliff! Looking forward to Lemurstrat's review and commentary.

Very happy to see all the MFC/control related updates too.

Cheers!

InsideOut said:
What? No babes with this FW? Oh forget it then, I'm not even going to bother updating ;)

I'm tellin' Linda you said that... and then you're in big trouble. Guess you'd better send your gear to me, not enough room in the doghouse for you and it. :lol:

Robboman said:
This is such a great example of the sheer power of this online community. "Lemurstrat" started a thread about Surf reverb Sept 19th:

Note the excellent level of detail he put into it to help the cause; links to schematics, clips etc. Obviously very well-schooled in Surf tone and the gear required to get it.

Here it is, 9 days later. <chorus of angels> We have real Surf reverb in the Axe.

Simply outstanding! Big thanks to Lemurstrat and Cliff! Looking forward to Lemurstrat's review and commentary.

Cheers!
+1 thank you to Lemurstrat too :)
The boing is fun! :D

Robboman said:

Cheers!
Yeah!!! I posted on that thread - now here it is!! I don't know how Cliff does it!!

godprobe said:
Robboman said:

Cheers!
+1 thank you to Lemurstrat too :)
The boing is fun! :D

Yes, big thanks to both Lemurstrat and Cliff!! Waiting on the standard firmware but excited to finally get to use boingy surf reverb. I always wondered why the Axe-Fx didn't have it right but thanks to that thread I know now and it's fixed. W00t W00t!! James Bond and Bang Bang, here I come.

Anyone noticed their delays having been messed up with 8.0.8 ?
I loaded a previously created patch with heavy multi-delay and it is now inaudible (like it's not there). Only way to get any kinda delay now is to use a 10-tap delay!!
I previously had 8.0.2 fw installed.

Am I missing a trick?
I did update the editor at the same time.
Looking forward to trying out the updated reverb, I do love my reverb.

mwc2112 said:
InsideOut said:
What? No babes with this FW? Oh forget it then, I'm not even going to bother updating ;)

I'm tellin' Linda you said that... and then you're in big trouble. Guess you'd better send your gear to me, not enough room in the doghouse for you and it. :lol:

Sorry, I had an addition put on the doghouse for just such an occasion - Marley the wonder beagle and I are living in style now :mrgreen:

I'm looking forward to trying the new reverb as well. My thanks to Cliff for ever improving this awesome machine :cool:

eoinlandy said:
Anyone noticed their delays having been messed up with 8.0.8 ?
I loaded a previously created patch with heavy multi-delay and it is now inaudible (like it's not there). Only way to get any kinda delay now is to use a 10-tap delay!!
I previously had 8.0.2 fw installed.

Am I missing a trick?
I did update the editor at the same time.
Looking forward to trying out the updated reverb, I do love my reverb.
Yeah, me too. It seems 8.08 breaks the multidelay block.

I opened a new thread, in the Bugs area: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10151

The firmware has been taken down.

(I got all excited too because I saw the Version8_00/ firmware folder had been updated and I thought the Standard version must have been added, but all that changed was that 8.08 for the Ultra was now gone.) :(

Fixed Multidelay not working under certain settings.
Disabled streaming tempo sysex if in Utility menu.

You rock Cliff!!!!

FractalAudio said:
mortega76 said:
You rock Cliff!!!!

Not really. I should have caught that multidelay bug. Stupid mistake.

Don't be so hard on yourself Cliff, everyone makes a mistake and we knew you would fix it quickly :) . Other companies takes forever.

Thanks a lot Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom