Ultra Firmware Version 8.01 Released

javajunkie said:
GuitarDojo said:
javajunkie said:
I will say the new editor has been the most reliable method I've used to load the firmware.

I'm sure it won't work for everyone, but it has been rock solid for me thus far.

+1 The Editor has been running sweetly for me.

Well, I jinxed it! 8.01 won't load on mine with the new editor. I could probably get it to work mucking with the settings. I'm trying the old editor now.

$%$^$&$#@@
red_ring_death.JPG

I am curious about the MT2 model now. I used to use it exclusively as my old Kustom Charger was only 1 channel. I haven't found a good model of it anywhere. Honestly, I don't even use Drive blocks anymore... straight amp tone baby.

I'm scared for my patches now though.

javajunkie said:
arcangel said:
link not working " server not found "

It has been pulled.

Sup?
I downloaded it earlier, and updated with Bomes SendSX 1.30.
Evrything went smooth with no probs. The new EQ options for the drive block are a good addition I think, and so far sound good. so far I have not had anything buggy happen, but I dont usually bother with the editor, so any idea why this update was pulled?

MOSHON
DAVE

moshwitz said:
javajunkie said:
arcangel said:
link not working " server not found "

It has been pulled.

Sup?
I downloaded it earlier, and updated with Bomes SendSX 1.30.
Evrything went smooth with no probs. The new EQ options for the drive block are a good addition I think, and so far sound good. so far I have not had anything buggy happen, but I dont usually bother with the editor, so any idea why this update was pulled?

MOSHON
DAVE
Read the opening post. Cliff pulled it to try to get it into the Standard's head that it needs to read the old presets.

I say update the presets so they'll run on the newer firmware. And everyone upgrade to 8.x to get the axechange presets to play. :lol:

This backwards compatibility thing is what bloats and cripples Windows too and it's highly overrated IMO.

Any chance of someone emailing me Ultra 8.01? I got all happy, got home from work and it was pulled :(

GOT IT THANKS DAVE!

Cheers

Spence

Dutch said:
Read the opening post. Cliff pulled it to try to get it into the Standard's head that it needs to read the old presets.

I say update the presets so they'll run on the newer firmware. And everyone upgrade to 8.x to get the axechange presets to play. :lol:

This backwards compatibility thing is what bloats and cripples Windows too and it's highly overrated IMO.

Gotcha,,I had read from the 1st page till I posted then Downloaded and updated then came back to "its pulled" and was like :? :?: Dont know why I didn't look back to the 1st post...brain fart I guess :lol:

MOSHON
DAVE

:(

I want this.... I wonder when the ETA for the fixed version is? hehe. I finally have some face time w/ my Axe-FX today. I must install this! =D

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of the standard being maxed out for code, best route in my opinion would be just put it in HUGE GIANT LETTERS in the release notes that you MUST run the "Update All Presets" option BEFORE AND AFTER upgrading the firmware.

This looks... and pardon my French... F**king awesome! Thanks Cliff! Sat here with my standard primed and ready for lift off.

Link to firmware don´t seem to work

I´m confused about the new firmware 8.01 . People are reviewing it and I can´t get the link to work.
Is there a new link somwhere ?

Thomas :eek:

Re: Link to firmware don´t seem to work

Thomas Larsson said:
I´m confused about the new firmware 8.01 . People are reviewing it and I can´t get the link to work.
Is there a new link somwhere ?

Thomas :eek:

The update had been pulled. See first message in this thread.

NOTE: This firmware release does not support presets created with firmware prior to Version 6.10. If you are upgrading from 6.09 or earlier upgrade to 7.18 first and run the “Update All Presets” function in the utility menu to convert your presets to the latest protocol.

...Regarding this, I've been moving into a new house and I have fallen uncharacteristically behind on my AXE FX stuff lately. I'm still actually running a pre-7.18 firmware and want to get up to speed once Cliff puts version 8.whatever back up. What does it mean to "run the Update All Presets function"? What's involved with this. is it something that you have to do with every individual patch? ...Or, is it a global thing that you can run once for all of them? :?:

Thanks in advance for the clarification. I just want to know what I'm in for.I'm not at home and not able to download any firmware or release notes. I don't remember instructions on that being in older release notes. Was it?

browlett said:
What's involved with this. is it something that you have to do with every individual patch? ...Or, is it a global thing that you can run once for all of them?

Global, run once for all. I believe it is found on the Utility menu of the Axe.

I updated all presets and loaded the new 8.01 firmware with new FA editor... completely wiped/ruined MANY of my presets (which I had backed-up fortunately).

Next I reverted to the old trusty 7.16 and made all well again - whew! All presets fine again.

Finally used Bome's SendSX to again attempt 8.01 firmware update. Everything works like a champ. Practice not until Thursday; gig on 22nd (so I have time to go through each preset and amend if necessary).

Thanks FA team!! Really looking forward to testing at volume. :mrgreen:

can someone send me the 8.01? I don't have any presets I am worried about and the new drive options are what I have been awaiting!
boleary 2 at mac dot com!!!!

Back
Top Bottom