ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 10.03 NOV 14 2010

I have now managed to upgrade to firmware 10.3
Put Cliffs Of dover preset isn?t there. Do I need to upgrade presets to?
I thought they were in the firmware? Is there a guide for this?

Do I do that in the preset manager?

I load the bank 1 in the left screen C: and I have screen to the right: Axe Fx:Ultra

How do I dump to the Axe? On the mididevice it always says midi in. But this is supposed to go out?

I managed to save bank a to the axe. But now there is no sound...
Updated: it works now. Bank 1 and firmware update 10.3

I used the axe-adit for both

Insects in the united states aren't as persuasive veryaand as they have changed in thrombovascular decades, a long-running kurroa finds.You have to load the banks seperately.

Updated power amp emulation. Uses some of the techniques from the Axe-Fx II. This produces tighter, more defined bass and also less flubiness when using high MV settings.
Fixed periodicity issue with white and pink noise generators in Synth block (Ultra only).
Fixed frequency errors in Resonator block (Ultra only).
Improved communication with MFC-101 to fix sync issue for presets with >90% CPU utilization.

Ultra version 11 firmware says it has a corrupt header. Anybody else with same issue? Standard unzips ok.

bobby, I had some problems updating as well. Actually, my very first problem updating a firmware. I increased the MIDI Buffer Delay from 90 to 136 and it worked.

Last edited:
Nice, worked perfectly.

One thing that I've noticed: I had my Ultra set to use MIDI channel 14, after the firmware update this was changed to MIDI channel 10.
This doesn't matter really, but in case anyone else has a "complicated" MIDI chain, then keep that in mind.

OK, obviously this is very, very stupid. Where in the hel do I get the firmware 11 update? I see the announcements, but I don't see a link. Sorry . . .

This is one of the biggest firmware updates IMO. Polished, and a breeze to get any amp model to sing. I couldn't be happier. I keep crashing my DAW because I'm having so much fun trying a bunch of synth plug-ins - instead of patch editing on the Axe fx that is....

Probably not a V11 subject, but potentially useful for all ULTRA Users :

The Axe Fx II manual is extremely well made regarding explanations about the functions of effect parameters. Also are some of the parameters documented with graphic explanations (example : time alpha of multidelay). I'd strongly recommend any ULTRA user to go through the Axe FX II manual in case you experience have any difficulties with for example : Pitch Crystals, Multidelays etc etc. I suppose 99% of it would be transposable to the ULTRA fx blocks.

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to Cliff and FAS for actually putting a bit of the G2 modelling into the v11 firmware. It would have been easy not to (and never mention that you could), and then have an even wider difference between the I and the II, and therefore secure even more sales. The fact that the FAS team did improve the amp modelling in the v11 firmware speaks volumes about Fractal as a company. Cheers and thank you.

- A proud owner of an Axe-Fx Ultra and future owner of an Axe-Fx II.

Last edited:
Hi paul
When you open the settings in Axe edit and then go to update firmware can you actually see the new firmware?
If not go to your download folder open the zip file copy the ultra-11 syx file and paste to the axe edit firmware folder which should be located in the program files folder Fractal Audio
Axe edit 1.0 on your main drive, for example Drive C
Make sure that you have midi in and out connected to your axe fx and your midi device. just hit the syx file and follow the instructions.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom